Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middlesboro (11-1) at Belfry (10-2)

Who wins Friday? 111 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This will definitely be an interesting contest. Nothing very fancy about Belfry. Turnovers will play a big role in this contest. Curious to see how Middlesboro will defend. Do they a play a "52"? Last year, I believe they played "10 in the box". Can someone verify that? In my old age...my memory is failing me.

  • Replies 160
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The jackets will have 9 in the box. Corners play man, and saftey locks on TE but walks up infront of backers. So it looks like 6 DL and 3 Lb's.

The jackets will have 9 in the box. Corners play man, and saftey locks on TE but walks up infront of backers. So it looks like 6 DL and 3 Lb's.

 

 

Thanks:thumb:

 

Sounds like the same defensive scheme Belfry has seen over the past 35+ games. That being said...I've always been impressed with M-boro's offense. IMO, they've got great quick strike capability. Defenisvely, they've been erratic it seems. Any thoughts?

How is Belfry's run defense?? If I remember correctly didn't Sheldon Clark run the football with a great deal of success??

 

In a strange kind of way I'm kind of glad we are playing at Belfry ,I know it's gonna be a long drive but I feel that with our team speed playing on the turf will actually help us a lot more than what it would if we was playing at home.

 

 

See ya Friday night.

 

GOOOOO JACKETS!:ylsuper:

 

Belfry has a very good run defense as evident in Friday's game against Pburg. Where Belfry has struggled this seasona nd what hurt them against SC was tackling. In the SC game the Pirates constantly were getting clean hits on SC backs in the backfield or at the LOS just to not lock up and allow them to get more yards.

 

This will mark the first time all season that Belfry will be playing a team that IMO has more talent and athleticism at the skill positions. It's also the first time since possibly the Newport Central Catholic game that Belfry will be entering as the underdog in most people's eyes.

Belfry has a very good run defense as evident in Friday's game against Pburg. Where Belfry has struggled this seasona nd what hurt them against SC was tackling. In the SC game the Pirates constantly were getting clean hits on SC backs in the backfield or at the LOS just to not lock up and allow them to get more yards.

 

This will mark the first time all season that Belfry will be playing a team that IMO has more talent and athleticism at the skill positions. It's also the first time since possibly the Newport Central Catholic game that Belfry will be entering as the underdog in most people's eyes.

 

 

I think you're right. Middlesboro, despite playing at Belfry should be the favorite. IMO, YAC (Yds after contact) will be one of the biggest stats of the night. Solid tackling is a must..or this game could get ugly.

On a side note: I want to give some credit where it is due.

 

-Longtime Belfry PA man Steve Phillips, as well as the Belfry administration, gets a big thumbs up from me for what they have been doing the past couple weeks.

 

Belfry recently invested in a top notch PA system and Mr. Phillips has made the most of it. Belfry fans, since moving to CAM, have been nowhere near as vocal and involved. Phillips has went on WXCC radio to encourage fans not only to fill the stands but to be loud, then he has follwoed that up by becoming really involved inactively asking fans to make noise in the game. Last week (at times) was the most active I had seen the fans in quite sometime and it was also one of the best crowds of the year.

 

I fully expect the Pirate faithful to recall how important they were in the 2004 season at Vipperman with their noise and respond this week and hopefully next week. What good is homefield advantage if you don't utilize it?

The jackets will have 9 in the box. Corners play man, and saftey locks on TE but walks up infront of backers. So it looks like 6 DL and 3 Lb's.

 

I know you know the defense probably about as well as I do. Although the corners do usually play man coverage, there are defensive sets that call for zone coverage which include the safety, corners, and linebackers dropping into coverage. Roark likes to put these in prior to playing heavily passing oriented teams.

 

On another note, I agree with what someone else said that the turf gives Middlesboro a big advantage. And along the topic of tackling, if you have seen Earls run the football, solid tackling is a must. He is a great tackle breaker and runs like it is the last time he will ever touch the ball.

Middlesboro 21-20.

I know you know the defense probably about as well as I do. Although the corners do usually play man coverage, there are defensive sets that call for zone coverage which include the safety, corners, and linebackers dropping into coverage. Roark likes to put these in prior to playing heavily passing oriented teams.

 

On another note, I agree with what someone else said that the turf gives Middlesboro a big advantage. And along the topic of tackling, if you have seen Earls run the football, solid tackling is a must. He is a great tackle breaker and runs like it is the last time he will ever touch the ball.

Belfry, as a team and as fans, are pretty familiar with Middlesboro. They have seen this group of Jackets for three straigt years. Middlesboro has alot of very, very good football players and they have me worried.

 

I feel on the whole, Belfry is a more well-rounded team and have an advantage in the trenches. But, Middlesboro is going to be very, very, very tough to beat.

All this talk is killing me! Hurry up Friday! I believe this gonna be an outstanding football game. :banana:

3 years ago Middlesboro had a ton of fans on here that really like to talk it up.

 

Glad to see that there isn't much of that this year, but it is only Monday.:D

We haven't had much to talk about in three years. I am truly excited for this game though. Eastern Kentucky football at its best if you ask me.

I think Belfry does have the advantage this game. Belfrys D will be fine. After the SC loss all they did for two weeks was tackle. Now the last 3 games they have layed some serious hits. Belfrys D-line is very quick also. Coach Haywood has always had his D ready to stop Middlesboro offense when most teams cant quiet figure it out. I feel it will be the same way Friday.

I believe if Belfry hangs onto the ball then we will win. You will see Belfrys depth take control in the second half. It takes a toll on a team having the fullback run and run at you and then having someone like Chapman to bust it to the outside. This Middlesboro team is athletic as can be but what people dont realise is Belfry is no slow poke team. IMO we have 5 RB's that I feel confident with running the ball (Chapman, Epling, May, Hickman, and Lee) and then we have a great qb who can run the ball well and carry an excellent fake. Also our addded advantage is he has a great arm. This Belfry team has flew under the radar IMO but they are comming out ready Friday.

So I think with the home crowd advantage and depth will be the difference with a turnover free game.

Just curious how is Middlesboro preparing for the turf? Are the practicing somewere with it? Because it is alot different than grass. If it rains any that stuff gets slick.

Was belfry's first loss to NCC?

 

No. Belfry's first loss was to Ashland..at Ashland..in overtime. We failed on a two point conversion that would have won the game.

 

2nd loss to Sheldon Clark. Had a 29-7 lead...and simply lost focus. SC wanted more than we did.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.