2007 2A Football

Jumper_Dad

Never too early to start thinking about next year. What are your Predictions?

CLASS 2A

District-2-1- Caldwell County, Heath, Murray, Reidland, Trigg County

District-2-2- Fort Campbell, Hancock County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central

District-2-3- Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County

District-2-4- Bardstown, Danville, Fort Knox, Washington County

District-2-5- Carroll County, Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Owen County

District-2-6- Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Central Catholic

District-2-7- Bath County, Morgan County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley

District-2-8- Corbin, Knott County Central, Leslie County, Middlesboro

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like 1 one of the most balanced classes of the bunch, d-5 and d-7 may be the weakest overall districts, but, all have 1 traditionally power team with most districts with a 2 or 3 really good teams...

Just looking at it on the surface, this class does appear to be the most balanced.

This is a excellenet class, unlike a couple of other classes. Alot of pretty darn good teams. Who would be the favorites next year?

I agree !!! A lot of good teams here.

Favorites:

With NewCath and Danville playing in today's 1A Championship, I think they have to get the nod as early favorites.

Districts 3 and 7 look the weakest overall. But, even here, Glasgow and Prestonsburg have a strong history of past title contention.

District competition is going to be a LOT of fun. I'm looking forward to the development of a lot of good rivalries.

:thumb:

I agree !!! A lot of good teams here.

Favorites:

With NewCath and Danville playing in today's 1A Championship, I think they have to get the nod as early favorites.

Districts 3 and 7 look the weakest overall. But, even here, Glasgow and Prestonsburg have a strong history of past title contention.

District competition is going to be a LOT of fun. I'm looking forward to the development of a lot of good rivalries.

:thumb:

Without making me look it up, in todays system, how many 2A teams will be in this class next year?

Bardstown has flexed their muscles in class A for the past few years and return many starters from last year's 11-1 team. District 4 could be the toughest with Danville and Bardstown; that or district 2 with Ft. Campbell and OC.

I wouldn't forget district 8, either...

Corbin and Middlesboro have a VERY long history of a great rivalry and good individual teams. Through in a resurgent Leslie Co., and they'll be a lot of competitive football in SEKY.