Neltner,Doellman,???

jvdfc

As a father if my kid wasn't NBA bound and I could pick X or either of those two. I might choose a private Catholic school worth over $30,000 (tuition 23,240 and R&B 8,380) rather than UK or UofL. Its pretty small so I don't know where it ranks nationally but UK is #112 and UofL is quite a bit below that so we aren't comparing the local JUCO with Harvard. JMO.

Gotcha. I thought you were strictly talking b-ball.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three players with some size, but who had different games, that will forever be linked by their geography and graduating class. All three geat high school players.

For entertainment purposes only, here are their stats this year:

MB 29min, 42% shooting %, 58% FT%, 5 boards, 1.3 assts., 4.8 pts.

JD 26min, 50% shooting %, 79% FT%, 6 boards, 1.7 assts., 12.6 points

RN 25min, 53% shooting %, 74% from/line, 6 boards, 2.3 assts, 10.1 pts

That pretty much settles that argument :sssh:

I wasn't trying to argue here. I only stated the fact that in the high school games I watched, where they went head to head Mike had their lunch in High school! I also stand by what I said when I said Tubby never gave one of the three a first thought.

Was I the only one who saw those games???:D

I was a huge fan of the 4 seniors in Northern Kentucky those years. Ross Neltner, Mike Brock, Justin Doellman and Tyler Jones.

I would question anyone who said that Mike wasn't one of the best in HS. Mike finished second to Ross that year if I remember correctly for Mr Basketball.

But this thread was about why didn't Kentucky have Doellman or Neltner. I just stated the obvious they all landed up in nice situations.

I can't disagree with you SKfan, I saw plenty of matchups of the three and individually Mike usually played well against JD and Ross. JD had the most versatility of the bunch, the most "upside" of the trio. Him leading the Raiders to the S16 really put him on the map in my eyes, they had one heck of a run that season. Ross was a great fit for HHS' style of play, good passer very efficient. Out of the three Mike was the smallest, and his game was hustle and athleticism. I remember watching him torch Eastern HS during the 5/3rd while Travis Ford was in attendance, 37 points pretty much had to seal the deal for his EKU scholly. In the EKU offense he's role player, nothing wrong with that, I've seen him play three times during his career in Richmond and it's odd seeing him on the perimeter but he does good for a guy that doesn't get a whole heck of a lot of touches since they are guard oriented.

I wasn't trying to argue here. I only stated the fact that in the high school games I watched, where they went head to head Mike had their lunch in High school! I also stand by what I said when I said Tubby never gave one of the three a first thought.

Was I the only one who saw those games???:D

I was a huge fan of the 4 seniors in Northern Kentucky those years. Ross Neltner, Mike Brock, Justin Doellman and Tyler Jones.

I would question anyone who said that Mike wasn't one of the best in HS. Mike finished second to Ross that year if I remember correctly for Mr Basketball.

But this thread was about why didn't Kentucky have Doellman or Neltner. I just stated the obvious they all landed up in nice situations.

:ylsuper: He dominated them in every head to head.

It's sad Brock didn't go somewhere big, I thought he had the talent. Now he's lackluster at Eastern.

I don't know if he's been lackluster, he doesn't have impressive stats but he logs a bunch of minutes and is still a hard worker.