Neltner,Doellman,???

jvdfc

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should Tubby recruit more Ky. kids? Are there any good enough? Seems like there were a couple of threads concerning this lately.

He should attempt to get the best players that fit the needs the team has. If those kids play in-state then yes, if not, no. He shouldn't make a special point to recruit in-state every year. Next year's class is good, and Tubby has been all over Hopson and Miller.

Ok here is the bottom line: KY hasn't had any kids that were good enough until this year. I won't even get into the Lofton debate because we have gone over that so many times before.

I could find a spot for Ross and JD on my team over any two of this four: Sheray, Perry, Orbzut, Shag...

THAT's the kind of answer I was looking for in the original thread.

I'd take both on UK. ALthough Doellman couldn't guard a tree, his offense is very solid. Neltner would fit in well. He has PROVEN that he can play in the SEC.

THAT's the kind of answer I was looking for in the original thread.

I'd take both on UK. ALthough Doellman couldn't guard a tree, his offense is very solid. Neltner would fit in well. He has PROVEN that he can play in the SEC.

Doellman cant guard a tree? Have you been watching Xavier games. His defense has improved so much, and he is 3rd all time in blocked shots at Xavier.

Both would be solid additions to either UK or UofL. Both are on scholarship at schools that are top-flight schools, probably better than either UK or UofL. I think they made the best choice for themselves. I know LSU could use someone like Neltner right now, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Both would be solid additions to either UK or UofL. Both are on scholarship at schools that are top-flight schools, probably better than either UK or UofL. I think they made the best choice for themselves. I know LSU could use someone like Neltner right now, but hindsight is always 20/20.

You bring up a very good point by mentioning UL. Why doesn't anyone ever say that they missed out?

For the record, yes Neltner and Doellman would both be very solid role players for UK. Like GT said, I'd take them over Woo, Thomas, Perry, or Shag.

So these 2 Ky. kids would not be better than some of the players UK currently has??I'm sure there are more.:sssh:
Did these players choose to go elsewhere?

There are many players, whom leave within states and attend colleges elsewhere. Kentucky couldn't possibly take every player that graduates, who has basketball ability, talent and a chance at D1.

It's easy to follow careers and say....Should they but I prefer to say, they have improved their own play, played considerable minutes and are focused on their current seasons, rather than what might have been.

Doellman cant guard a tree? Have you been watching Xavier games. His defense has improved so much, and he is 3rd all time in blocked shots at Xavier.

Some people confuse blocking shots with good solid defense. He's too slow to guard a 3 and too skinny to guard a 4 or 5.

Both would be solid additions to either UK or UofL. Both are on scholarship at schools that are top-flight schools, probably better than either UK or UofL. .

Surely, you don't put X in the "better than either UK or UL" category, right?