Homer Bailey, 2007 Reds Starter?

Where will Homer be on Opening Day?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Homer be on Opening Day?

• Reds' Opening Day Roster
    • Louisville's roster

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070125/SPT04/701250322/1071

Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky's official stance on when Homer Bailey comes to the big leagues is this:

"He'll let us know when he's ready," Krivsky said.

Could that be on Opening Day 2007?

"I'm not going to say no to anything," Krivsky said. "We'll let it play out."

I really really look forward to watching Homer shine for the Reds. BUT if he needs a breaking ball let him learn it and perfect it down in Louisville. If he comes to GABP with no breaking ball and a 98 MPH fastball, Albert Pujois will be the first player to ever clear the river and land one on the banks of Kentucky!! :D

I really really look forward to watching Homer shine for the Reds. BUT if he needs a breaking ball let him learn it and perfect it down in Louisville. If he comes to GABP with no breaking ball and a 98 MPH fastball, Albert Pujois will be the first player to ever clear the river and land one on the banks of Kentucky!! :D

He has the breaking ball down. The team thinks he need to develop his changeup.

Just hope the REDS fans, don't start trashing Bailey, when he struggles and he will. At the same time, don't anoint him as the next Cy Young candidate, when he has success....which he will.

Think of Bailey, as a marathon runner....it's not a sprint. I hope he has a great spring, gets quality innings and learns some tendencies of the NL hitters and works his way into the big show.

Let him walk in and not be pushed, that much I agree with Krivsky on.

For a power pitcher, the change up is often their most effective pitch...

He'll start the season in Louisville...

I meant more about the pitch itself. I have heard the words, curveball, change up and breaking ball and was curious on the difference of the three, if any.

I understand the concept of changing up speeds, just wondering do you throw the 3 differently?

I meant more about the pitch itself. I have heard the words, curveball, change up and breaking ball and was curious on the difference of the three, if any.

I understand the concept of changing up speeds, just wondering do you throw the 3 differently?

The "breaking ball" is the curveball.

The changeup looks like your fastball coming out of your hands, but is slower obviously.

Seems there stance w/Homer Bailey is changing a bit. At the end of last season there wasn't any talk at all about him coming up to the big-leagues.

The thing is REDS fans will want him up here in the bigs and then when he doesn't perform as well as he can one night they will be all over him. He will struggle like all young pitchers do and there will be signs of brilliance from time to time.

No way he starts the season in Cincy. Personally I can wait a bit longer if the product is better later down the road. We haven't had a pitcher with this much potential since I've been following the Reds, no need to rush him before he's a complete pitcher.

Just hope the REDS fans, don't start trashing Bailey, when he struggles and he will. At the same time, don't anoint him as the next Cy Young candidate, when he has success....which he will.

Think of Bailey, as a marathon runner....it's not a sprint. I hope he has a great spring, gets quality innings and learns some tendencies of the NL hitters and works his way into the big show.

Let him walk in and not be pushed, that much I agree with Krivsky on.

Dead on.