Who’s Getting the Better Prospect - UK or USC?

1 minute ago, PulpFiction said:

24 Rocks what I mean is that UK has a lot of guys who look like they have never seen the weightroom 

I agree with that.  There’s a big difference in an 18 year old and a 22 year old in terms of physical development.  Lots of high school players lift but they’re not going to be nearly as developed as they will when they’re a little older.  I remember thinking those guards from Baylor in 2021 looked like linebackers.  If Noah is dedicated to training, as you said, he’ll be a different player altogether in two or three years.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Falcon Pride said:

Nope

Cal recruited TWO 6’7 kids that can’t shoot but can run and jump.

Lol some guys on here are just so not clued in. I'm about to post the wing players he got commitments from. Both can shot, both can defend and both can play make. It's not the players or talent Cal is getting or passing up on. It's the lack of ideas, philosophy and adjusting that is doing him in. Is Noah maybe better than Perry? Yes I can be here for that argument. These two kids? Not a chance.

• Like 1

Knox shot 29% from three and 61% from the line.  That’s not great shooting, it’s below average.

A quick search on Richmond found the following:  “Richmond will tell you his jumper is a work in progress, shooting just 25.0% from three during the EYBL regular season and 12.5% at Peach Jam. He only made eight total 3-pointers in 23 high school games as a junior.”

I think the original comment was correct.  They look like a lot of Cal’s recruits.  Athletic and impressive at dunking the ball but struggle shooting.   

I don’t disagree with your comments on Cal’s performance as a coach but he will continue to limit his options by focusing on athleticism and neglecting basketball skill.  Shooting is the most basic and important basketball skill.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

Lol some guys on here are just so not clued in. I'm about to post the wing players he got commitments from. Both can shot, both can defend and both can play make. It's not the players or talent Cal is getting or passing up on. It's the lack of ideas, philosophy and adjusting that is doing him in. Is Noah maybe better than Perry? Yes I can be here for that argument. These two kids? Not a chance.

Neither of these kids are the shooter that Noah is. FULL STOP!

Are Richmond and Knox better prospects?  Higher ranked for sure. 
I’d say they will both play professionally. Noah on the other hand maybe/maybe not. 

The game has changed SO much because of Steph. Shooting is way more important than it’s been in the past. Noah can shoot. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, 24Rocks said:

I’m not sure that either of them are ready for SEC basketball from the jump.  They are great shooters but I think a year of serious strength training will be necessary for both of them to compete in that league.  They both have the potential to be good players at that level, I just think they are at least a year away.

The Noah I have seen over these three games has been the strongest player on the floor each game and probably the smartest.  I might question his jumping ability (not sure); but he consistently gets himself in position for rebounds.  He would be a pure delight for any college coach to have for four years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Falcon Pride said:

Neither of these kids are the shooter that Noah is. FULL STOP!

Are Richmond and Knox better prospects?  Higher ranked for sure. 
I’d say they will both play professionally. Noah on the other hand maybe/maybe not. 

The game has changed SO much because of Steph. Shooting is way more important than it’s been in the past. Noah can shoot. 

This I can tell you for sure having watched Noah and Perry for Years vs the 2 KY recruits who I have seen on the circuit multiple time---Noah is a better prospect than Perry. Noah(and Perry) are better offensively than either Richmond or Knox. Defensively its not close as Richmond and Knox are lightyears ahead of Noah. The college game demands offense(unless you are Virginia) and in that regard Noah is the best prospect now and in a couple of years. 3 to 4 years hard to say. Noah and Perry are both limited athletically but great shooters. I don't think Perry has the quickness to play PG at UK(he will def be a 4 year) and Noah in my opinion will transfer back home to a WKU etc--hard for a mtn boy to make it in that type of environment in SC.  Both KY guys are good kids as I'm sure the other 2 are as well, but Cal seldom recruits shooters unless they are "homegrown" kids that the fanbase gets behind. Richmond is the best longterm Prospect in my opinion(but he is a 3year guy somewhere)

I've seen a lot of these athletes like Knox and Richmond come along with the caveat "they're not great shooters now but they're working on it".  I don't think I can recall a single one who actually turned himself into a great shooter.  Sometimes they can become a good scorer by attacking the rim but as far as becoming a shooter, I've not seen it.  Maybe I'm missing someone.  

Noah is a big guy and with the right training might improve his quickness to the point where he can really contribute.  He's already a great shooter and that's not going to change.  

I'm not sure about Perry.  He's not the second coming of Reed Sheppard, he's not as athletic as Sheppard.  I think he can contribute at UK because he's a great shooter but then with Cal, who knows?  Cal doesn't always give guys a chance and seems to make strange choices regarding playing time.

I don't think either of them will be ready their first year but I might be wrong.  Of the two I'd say Noah has the best chance to contribute next year.

• Like 1

Everyone thought the same of Reed Sheppard as well. Give both players a full summer of weights and conditioning and you never know. I didn’t think Sheppard was going to see the floor as a freshman.l after seeing him against CovCath last year and look how he did. I hope both have huge careers.

• Like 2

I feel like Noah is the more physically ready to play in the SEC. But don’t count out Perry. How many ppl thought Sheppard would do what he did this season? 

Good luck to both guys as they prepare for the next chapter.  

• Like 3

I agree that you have to be able to defend but Knox/Richmond are projects offensively at the SEC level.  I too would like to get Noah but I think UK might have their eyes on McNeely who is prolly the best choice of all.

12 hours ago, Reno said:

Perry is a good player but Trent Noah is ready to make an impact next year.  

The situation Noah is going into will give him a great opportunity to make an immediate impact. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

The situation Noah is going into will give him a great opportunity to make an immediate impact. 

If UK changes coaches, I could see Trent Noah in Blue and White next season.

• Like 1