Everything posted by Reno
-
16th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-2026)
It is strange to me that an Athletic Director and Administration would allow an official team page to announce transfers. May not be a good thing to do. I believe that I would find another social media person.
-
Jordan Brangers announced as new coach at Adair County
A young guy with a lot of experience! This is a great hire for Adair County!
-
Statewide Rankings: Week 2
The game was played at Hazard….
-
Ashland gets transfer
Not sure. My girls didn’t play in that district.
-
2024 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
I hope to make it this year. This KOB should be a good one!
-
Ashland gets transfer
Both
-
Ashland gets transfer
Word on the street is that it is due to a dad forcing himself on the staff and taking over the team. They are now in the same debacle as Boyd Co. I can’t think of a reason why a dad should ever be on the coaching staff. (Unless it is the head coach). 9 times out of 10 it is only to make sure their son/daughter gets preferential treatment. JMO
-
16th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
Bump… Does he have the offers?
-
16th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
He also posted on his account that he has offers from Portland State and Univ. Southern Florida. Does he have those offers too?
-
Highlight: Zander Carter of Ashland
Agree 100%. This young man is great on and off the court. He is unafraid to put his faith above all. Liberty got lucky that he committed early. He would have a stack of offers to choose from.
-
KABC Titans (Collins) Shootout - June 21st, 22nd, 23rd (2024)
How does this list of schools compare to last year? It is a lot tougher for high school players to get full scholarships now with so much activity out of the portal. I was just wondering if less schools are attending now.
-
9th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
I am hearing that Newport is getting multiple transfers. (Some out of state) Is this true?
-
16th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
What is confusing you?
-
16th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
I agree. It all depends on if they can bring Olive Hill and Grayson together! May be awesome and may be like “Oil and Water.”
-
Who’s Getting the Better Prospect - UK or USC?
Perry is a good player but Trent Noah is ready to make an impact next year.
-
Ashland vs. Lyon County Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)
I agree with The Professor on everything except I’m taking the Tomcats by 3. They are way underrated.
-
Ashland vs. Lyon County Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)
If Lyon Co. can pull off the win, it will not be easy. Ashland has played one of the toughest schedules in the state and they do not back down from anyone. The Tomcats will not be a Mojo game.
-
Mason County Basketball Soap Opera
I hope this is a kid’s comment and not an adult wishing bad on high school kids. Regardless of what you think, these are still boys.
-
Mason County Basketball Soap Opera
I hope this is resolved quickly. I don’t want Blake to finish his HS career in this manner. I hope people remember these are young men involved and they are seeing these comments.
-
Boyd County 77 Bell County 75 (OT) (2A Classic Quarterfinal)
He checks more boxes than any other player on the team… remove him from the team and they really struggle. That is 100% accurate!
-
Lloyd Memorial 60 Campbell County 46
I love the Walker kid’s game. Flu bug won’t matter when he is on the court. Nice game
-
Greenup County 66 Russell 49
May be the Musketeer’s year in the 63rd.
-
Boyd County 77 Bell County 75 (OT) (2A Classic Quarterfinal)
Hicks has proven to be the best player on BC’s roster. It is not even close.
-
16th Region Week 5 Review
I won’t put Boyd in the same category as Ashland until Coach Anderson (or whoever is calling the shots on the bench now ?) plays a decent schedule. These holiday classics they play in were to pad stats. It does nothing for them to prepare for the post season. It came back to bite them vs. Pikeville and Pike Central. The Tomcats have proven they prepare for the games that matter. It is a proven fact. Morgan is definitely playing pretty good but they can’t win unless Hoskins is able to hit shots. We saw Ashland take that away last year in the regional tournament. Morgan can beat Boyd because of lack of coaching. Coach A has to regain control of his bench and team. Remove the problem. We don’t have to say what that is. The entire state already knows. Chemistry is at an all time low now. JMO
-
16th Region Week 5 Review
I like Morgan at the #2 spot. They had 2 nice wins against Louisville Butler and Martin Co. Boyd has literally played 5 straight teams with less than .500 records. (lost to 2 of them) Morgan is becoming more battle tested as the season goes on. The strength of schedule will come into play for the lions later in the season. Hey, it’s good on the stat sheet though! ?