Kentucky 85 Tennessee 81

12 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

UK player of the game for me was Antonio Reeves. He was at his best today.

He and Reed are interchangeable for me today.  They don't win with either of them out.  Edward's was solid, Dillingham made a difference and made Tennessee uncomfortable having to guard him.  Would be nice if Tre Mitchell could get it going again, would really help this team down the stretch. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

UK player of the game for me was Antonio Reeves. He was at his best today.

Agreed.  Sheppard had a sizzling second half, but Reeves was consistent all game.  He also led us in rebounding. 

To have 3 guards that can get as hot as Sheppard, Reeves, & Dillingham can is really nice.

I am genuinely surprised at this win.  Just great offense and didn't get very bothered by UT's physicality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

It really is amazing looking back at the box score we played 10 guys and only 5 scored. Also all 85 points came from guards (They list Edwards as a guard) we got 0 points from forwards and centers.

The bigs weren't great, but they did some banging today.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

He and Reed are interchangeable for me today.  They don't win with either of them out.  Edward's was solid, Dillingham made a difference and made Tennessee uncomfortable having to guard him.  Would be nice if Tre Mitchell could get it going again, would really help this team down the stretch. 

Honestly he was at his best when he played the 5. He just doesn’t seem to fit that well when having to play the 4. 

21 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Agreed.  Sheppard had a sizzling second half, but Reeves was consistent all game.  He also led us in rebounding. 

To have 3 guards that can get as hot as Sheppard, Reeves, & Dillingham can is really nice.

I am genuinely surprised at this win.  Just great offense and didn't get very bothered by UT's physicality.

I can't quite go as far as to say I expected them to win, but I thought it was very possible.  Again, very surprised by the almost double digit point spread favoring Tennessee.  Kentucky has been playing very well as of late and it continued today. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

It really is amazing looking back at the box score we played 10 guys and only 5 scored. Also all 85 points came from guards (They list Edwards as a guard) we got 0 points from forwards and centers.

How many shots did forwards and centers get?

2 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I couldn't sit for it, pretty sure I logged about 2,000 steps in my living room and kitchen during the last 8 minutes.  The Elijah Craig in hand wasn't enough to calm the nerves, I had to keep moving. 

I kept moving to the far corner of my basement during the final four mins and was completely sober at the time. But not anymore haha.

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

I think everyone took notice of his play today. Calipari recognized it early on and rode with him.

If we are talking sneaky good performance, that goes to Edwards. 16, 6, and 3 in 37 minutes of action.

So glad Cal didn't quit on him like a lot of BBN wanted.

• Like 1

Told my buddies with about 6-8 mins to go, Calipari and Dillingham need to let Sheppard close that game out. He was great minus slipping and his involvement in the debacle of the last minute. But h3 played great.

This team is so special.

44 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Honestly he was at his best when he played the 5. He just doesn’t seem to fit that well when having to play the 4. 

Unfortunately I do agree, he was at his best then.  Just wish we could figure out a way to get him going again without impacting everything else that has been working. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

So glad Cal didn't quit on him like a lot of BBN wanted.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a part of the crew that wanted Edwards minutes limited.  In hind sight, the Thiero injury forced Edwards to step up some, at least gave him more of a chance to acclimate to how physical the SEC was going to be vs having his minutes limited.  Then Thiero came back and seemingly gave him a bit of a blue print on how to attack from the outside, but Edwards shooting from outside was all on him. He just seems to see everything so much better now, rarely feels rushed.

He's been great to watch develop really.  Also cool that he talked so openly about talking to someone when things were getting tough. College in general is a big jump, I can't imagine how tough it can be when you're struggling and a projected 1st round draft pick going into the season. He's come a long way.

• Like 2