Kentucky 85 Tennessee 81

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

I think everyone took notice of his play today. Calipari recognized it early on and rode with him.

Almost like the Head Coach has a knack for riding the right players during there 7/8 SEC wins the last few weeks. Maybe he does a little more than just recruiting and rolling out the balls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Told my buddies with about 6-8 mins to go, Calipari and Dillingham need to let Sheppard close that game out. He was great minus slipping and his involvement in the debacle of the last minute. But h3 played great.

This team is so special.

Yeah, the slip was frustrating but also understandable, seemed like he likely hit some moisture and just kept going.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

It really is amazing looking back at the box score we played 10 guys and only 5 scored. Also all 85 points came from guards (They list Edwards as a guard) we got 0 points from forwards and centers.

Wild statistic.

10 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a part of the crew that wanted Edwards minutes limited.  In hind sight, the Thiero injury forced Edwards to step up some, at least gave him more of a chance to acclimate to how physical the SEC was going to be vs having his minutes limited.  Then Thiero came back and seemingly gave him a bit of a blue print on how to attack from the outside, but Edwards shooting from outside was all on him. He just seems to see everything so much better now, rarely feels rushed.

He's been great to watch develop really.  Also cool that he talked so openly about talking to someone when things were getting tough. College in general is a big jump, I can't imagine how tough it can be when you're struggling and a projected 1st round draft pick going into the season. He's come a long way.

If this team is able to do something special, he will be a big reason why but I preached that in Jan. Glad its come to fruition so far.

Him banging threes lately had been awesome. But he rebounds and defends the position pretty well too.

Great win! Plus something else they know now they need to work on in regards to end of game press breaks. I rather that happen now in a win, than in the tournament.  

I said this back after the lost to LSU that UK would be anywhere between a 3 and a 6 seed. UK has now definitely given themselves a chance at being a 3 seed. If UK makes the finals of the SEC tournament I think they will be a 3 seed.  If not, then I think they will be a 4 seed. 

5 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Great win! Plus something else they know now they need to work on in regards to end of game press breaks. I rather that happen now in a win, than in the tournament.  

I said this back after the lost to LSU that UK would be anywhere between a 3 and a 6 seed. UK has now definitely given themselves a chance at being a 3 seed. If UK makes the finals of the SEC tournament I think they will be a 3 seed.  If not, then I think they will be a 4 seed. 

3 seed would be huge. Hoping it happens after a SEC tourney run.

6 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Great for them. What's any of that have to do with UK vs UT? lol

I did not want to start a thread on the game. Plus they are the winningest University currently at 27-8. lol

• Like 1

Huge win by the Cats. I drank about 100 beers during the last 4 minutes, but they won and stopped the Vols. Ugo set the tone early and it was all Blue from then on. Reeves has to make someone’s All-American team right? He’s just money every game this year. Knecht having 40 is insane but our defense isn’t any goood either. I was a Edwards hater but I’m a born again Edwards fan for the past few games, he’s just ballin’ currently. Offense is on a roll. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Great win yesterday, LOVE my Cats, LOTS of good things today to like, good job by Cal, still hoping he’ll devote some practice time to EOG situations this week!

I heard Reed say after the game that it's on the players. He said that they know what to do, just need to execute better.

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I heard Reed say after the game that it's on the players. He said that they know what to do, just need to execute better.

Wise words from the true leader on this team, take the blame and move forward, love that!!!