Kentucky 85 Tennessee 81

Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

I would like to know how Dalton Knecht only made 2nd team in the Big Sky conference last year. lol

The kid can play he has one of the quickest releases I've seen. Even with him scoring 40 I thought the times Edwards guarded him he did a good job.

Yeah that is wild.  If Knecht doesn't play or go for more than 20 this game could've been ugly.  He's very good and I'm sure he'll succeed in the NBA but I'm torn as to whether or not he's as good in the NBA.  On the one hand, I don't think his 6'6 height is as advantageous in the NBA as it is in college. On the other hand, no one really plays a lot of defense in the NBA so it may not matter.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sportsfan41 said:

Yeah that is wild.  If Knecht doesn't play or go for more than 20 this game could've been ugly.  He's very good and I'm sure he'll succeed in the NBA but I'm torn as to whether or not he's as good in the NBA.  On the one hand, I don't think his 6'6 height is as advantageous in the NBA as it is in college. On the other hand, no one really plays a lot of defense in the NBA so it may not matter.  

Austin Reeves.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

They play a lot higher caliber defense than he has faced this year, I assure you of that. I could see a poor man’s Bojan Bogdonovich.

Sheppard was on a heater shooting the ball in the second half. Damn. The good comes with the bad as he had four terrible turnovers. His handle still has a ways to go before playing at the next level, as evident by him needing to pick up his dribble way too often.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

It will not be noticed but I think Onyenso played great even though he never scored a point. I thought he set the tone early that the Cats was not going to be bullied and made his presence known down inside the guys on CBS postgame show was saying the Vols did not get the ball on the post or drive it enough. I think a lot of that had to do with Onyenso. I just wanted to give the big guy some props. He had 6 rebounds and 4 blocks.

I think everyone took notice of his play today. Calipari recognized it early on and rode with him.

If we are talking sneaky good performance, that goes to Edwards. 16, 6, and 3 in 37 minutes of action.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

That was a bit more stressful than it needed to be down the stretch.  With that said, hats off to Tennessee for never quitting.

Now that the game is over, I'm sure there's a lot of Kentucky fans celebrating but I really couldn't believe Tennessee was favored by 9.5 points. 

Laid a nice amount on Kentucky +8.5.

Also played ML. And then a couple parlays. Good day for me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I think everyone took notice of his play today. Calipari recognized it early on and rode with him.

If we are talking sneaky good performance, that goes to Edwards. 16, 6, and 3 in 37 minutes of action.

He led the way in the first half with 13, which was needed until everyone else could get things going in the second half which they did.  On that note, it's funny, because regardless of what UK does in the first half scoring, you know they can and likely will score 50+ in the second half. 

Anybody else notice the error CBS made right before tipoff? They put up a graphic about Calipari noting that he had led Kentucky to a national championship in 2015, not 2012. Or maybe they did that on purpose? 😁