Kentucky 85 Tennessee 81

1 minute ago, bugatti said:

I am still crossing my fingers with this team. Despite having a couple of lottery picks, you ain't going to win when it matters most unless you can get stops. UK is going with the, "well, you can't stop us" approach. Seriously, would it be a total shock if UK only had two games left this season?

Might not be a shock to the head, but would be to the heart. I've really enjoyed watching this team this year, even with some of their glaring deficiencies.

I think it'll largely depend on their matchup. A few weeks ago I would have said that I really worry about a team that is a more bullying style but they've proven more recently that they can play and win against those types. 

I feel confident they can make an Elite 8 or better run, but at the same time wouldn't be shocked if they lose the first weekend. Just hoping for the best.

12 hours ago, bugatti said:

Not sure if you read Kevin O’Connor or actually saw what his mock was based on, but it was assuming San Antonio lucks into the top spot and they draft on need. It was not a prospect ranking. I would LOVE it being a Spurs and Wemby fan, but I’m not sure an NBA team would have the gumption to do it. The last PG to be drafted in the top spot was Kyrie Irving 13 years ago. Again, this is a historically bad draft so who knows what will happen. 

I did find it fitting that Sheppard (despite being tragically humiliated to come off the bench, yet playing the second most minutes of any UK player in SEC play), was put on the second team all-SEC. Nor did he make all defense despite being one of the nation’s leaders in that category.

Following up with this, on the Mismatch podcast yesterday, KOC was saying a comparison given to him about Sheppard was a better shooting Fred Van Fleet. I like that! Again, not generally a caliber player you would take at the top of a draft board, but the timing for Sheppard, et al. works out well.

Tangent to this, you are going to see a lot of international players and several G-Leaguers drafted come June. We are getting lapped by other countries as far as talent entering the NBA now. I believe within the decade the NBA will be half foreign-born players if not more. We are about ready to hit six straight seasons of a foreign-born MVP.