Kentucky 91 Mississippi State 89

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Can college coaches call a live-ball timeout? I thought they took that away a few years back?

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

No, they changed it back and coaches can as long as their team has clear possession in the last 2 minutes of the half. But there was no reason to call one. Reed had 3 of 4 teammates open to pass to, he just chose wrong.

I was curious about that myself and looked it up yesterday. What I read was in 2019 they changed it to what Jumper Dad is saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Right, they were open, but the guy with the ball was in a panic, easy TO!

Watching the replay over and over he didn't look panicked until he jumped to make the pass. In hindsight its easy to Monday morning QB it, watching live its not obvious until you see where he's throwing the ball. If he just drops it off to Dillingham there, everyone says great play.

Unless you could see the future four seconds early there was no indication a timeout was needed until he attempted the pass.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Yes sir. That is correct. All good. We all have our own views. Look forward to seeing you in the next game thread.

Absolutely!!  To me it’s fun going back and forth on here about these games, reading other people’s opinions and hashing back and forth!!

LOVE MY CATS!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

see where he's throwing the ball. If he just drops it off to Dillingham there, everyone says great play.

I may be wrong, but I would like to ask him specifically about the play. I think in his head he had dribbled several seconds, and I do think he was sped up some, I think he threw the deep pass instead of to Dillingham or Thiero is he felt it was getting close to a :10 second violation.  Even though it was actually just around :7 seconds and felt if he threw it to them, they would have a :10 second violation.

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I may be wrong, but I would like to ask him specifically about the play. I think in his head he had dribbled several seconds, and I do think he was sped up some, I think he threw the deep pass instead of to Dillingham or Thiero is he felt it was getting close to a :10 second violation.  Even though it was actually just around :7 seconds and felt if he threw it to them, they would have a :10 second violation.

They inbound the ball at 28.5 and he passes it at 23.8, I don't think 10 seconds was his concern.

32 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

They inbound the ball at 28.5 and he passes it at 23.8, I don't think 10 seconds was his concern.

Players make boneheaded plays when the action is tight. The clock in their head moves faster and they sometimes lose their minds. Chris Weber, Bill Buckner, Dak Prescott in the playoffs, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Players make boneheaded plays when the action is tight. The clock in their head moves faster and they sometimes lose their minds. Chris Weber, Bill Buckner, Dak Prescott in the playoffs, etc.

While that can certainly happen, I think if time had been his concern he would have picked up his dribble and yelled Timeout.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

26 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

While that can certainly happen, I think if time had been his concern he would have picked up his dribble and yelled Timeout.

I am going to go back to what I said earlier. In this thread. Sheppard has a bad habit of  jumping into the air and making passes. I think that's part of what caused that boneheaded turnover. You can't jump up in the air and make passes. It's just like not giving up your dribble, which Sheppard is excllent at keeping his dribble. Keep your dribble and keep your feet on the ground till you know where you're going with the ball. Sheppard is good at keeping his dribble but then he sometimes gives up his dribble and jumps into the air to make a pass.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bugatti said:

Poor Billy Buckner.