LSU 75 Kentucky 74

36 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

For some needed comedic relief for UK fans, Bruce Pearl is complaining to the SEC about UK being too physical. Let the laughter begin.

What's the saying "If that is pot, calling the kettle black" 🙅‍♂️

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

For some needed comedic relief for UK fans, Bruce Pearl is complaining to the SEC about UK being too physical. Let the laughter begin.

If I knew how to do it, I would insert the the song "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton-John here.

4 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Happens all the time, my point is when you’re up 15 and a team cuts into your lead drastically, you change something? Not very hard to figure but Cal never, never, ever changes things up, just not a good situational coach? Period?

Been saying that for years,  Yes, Z can’t guard me, but playing Burks puts 2 pretty much non scorers in the game at the same time, rolling out of ballscreens is pretty much ignored by the defense, so why not try some zone with Z in the game, I think he could roll out of ballscreens and be a threat to score

Did Cal cost us the game last night??  NO

Could an adjustment have pulled it out?  Maybe, but we never find out because when our D is getting torched Cal’s response is to jerk somebody out and put somebody else in that can’t guard anybody either, which is why I think so many people get so upset with Cal, just gives us the same old same old

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Bill Parcells used to say actually you are what your record says you are, if you’ve lost a lot of close games then it means you’re just not very good in close games 

Good quote, and true.

That all comes down to good defense, especially in the last four minutes of the game. Those have been trademarks of Cal's as a head coach - good defense and good at closing out games. If they don't keep getting better in those two areas, it will be another short tournament run.

The other thing Cal will need to do with this team is tweak his in game coaching style. He is usually a let them play through it coach. He is going to have to have a quick trigger on substitutions and manage his substitutions more with this team. He did that some against LSU. One time I remember in particular, Dillingham dribbled up court and threw a horrible pass out of bounds just after passing half court. Cal immediately pointed to the bench and got him out of there. Cal is going to need to make more in game substitutions responding to what is and isn't working. He also will need to roll longer with a 5 that is getting it done. His usual sub pattern style isn't going to work with this group. Too many players with holes in their game.

11 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Screenshot_20240222_220638.jpg

I guess if you are a glass half full person.  I have seen nothing, however, that gives me confidence that this team can string together 2 wins in a row for 3 weekends in a row.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

I guess if you are a glass half full person.  I have seen nothing, however, that gives me confidence that this team can string together 2 wins in a row for 3 weekends in a row.  I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, I just thought it was some interesting statistics to share. They seem to always be one step forward and one step back this year.

I do like being more of an optimistic when it comes to UK basketball thought, because if not, not sure I'd really enjoy following them if I was always a glass half empty.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Good quote, and true.

That all comes down to good defense, especially in the last four minutes of the game. Those have been trademarks of Cal's as a head coach - good defense and good at closing out games. If they don't keep getting better in those two areas, it will be another short tournament run.

The other thing Cal will need to do with this team is tweak his in game coaching style. He is usually a let them play through it coach. He is going to have to have a quick trigger on substitutions and manage his substitutions more with this team. He did that some against LSU. One time I remember in particular, Dillingham dribbled up court and threw a horrible pass out of bounds just after passing half court. Cal immediately pointed to the bench and got him out of there. Cal is going to need to make more in game substitutions responding to what is and isn't working. He also will need to roll longer with a 5 that is getting it done. His usual sub pattern style isn't going to work with this group. Too many players with holes in their game.

Agree with those points