LSU 75 Kentucky 74

It does not negate Auburn. This is not a bad loss. Auburn was a quad 1 win and that carries a lot of weight.

You let a team off the hook and that's what happens. Way too many bad possessions on both ends by UK. You have to bring it every possession.

LSU missed a ton of free throws or it wouldn’t have come down to that heart breaker. Final defense was great, they were just in the right spot at the right time.

to many foul calls overall for my liking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Our guards just crapped the bed defensively in the second half.  Reeves, Dillingham, & Sheppard just didn't defend.  And Wagner was favoring that foot.  

Reeds last turnover, dribbling into 3 defenders without a care in the world, was stupid.

• Like 1

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

It does not negate Auburn. This is not a bad loss. Auburn was a quad 1 win and that carries a lot of weight.

You let a team off the hook and that's what happens. Way too many bad possessions on both ends by UK. You have to bring it every possession.

It's a bad loss when you were up 15 in the second half against a .500ish team playing without its leading scorer.

• Like 5

Just now, Breds82 said:

They sure were touchy, both ways at least.

They have gotta figure out something on these goaltending calls that they can review. They are calling goaltending that aren't even close, probably cause they know they can review it but I'm not for what it takes away when you blow that whistle quicker than you used to.

• Like 1

Just now, Breds82 said:

Reeds last turnover, dribbling into 3 defenders without a care in the world, was stupid.

That was after giving up a 3 at the other end.  He played really well to close out the first half, then played poorly the rest of the way. 

3 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

LSU missed a ton of free throws or it wouldn’t have come down to that heart breaker. Final defense was great, they were just in the right spot at the right time.

We did not receive a favorable whistle, that's for sure.

Still, our garbage defense cost us that game.

1 minute ago, Breds82 said:

He's good for one really bad turnover a game. That was it. He's kinda like Dilly, gives us so much good but gotta deal with a really frustrating turnover or two at times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Randy Parker said:

He played really well to close out the first half, then played poorly the rest of the way. 

Sparked the big run when he came in at the under 4 TO in the 1H. And then when they nailed those first 2 threes in the 2H, I was pumped and it all came crashing down and quick.

• Like 1

It's a bad loss when you were up 15 in the second half against a .500ish team playing without its leading scorer.

I agree with that.

My point is losing on the road to LSU is not a "bad" loss. Power 5 road losses happen on a regular basis.

I agree.  Back to the horrible defense the 2nd and lack of fight on the glass.  What’d we have, 1 off reb 2nd half??  And just conceded the rebounds on possession after possession, I saw LSU in there contesting every off rebound on their end

• Like 1

Besides just losing being enough suck, this was my only miss on a 7 leg parlay, +2352 after a boost. I only had a few bucks on it but if only UK wins, I win $100. Makes it sting more knowing they blew a 15 point lead and knowing they lost on a damn broken play.

That was a fun two games while it lasted. 

Defense was crap in the second half, as was most of our team.

We gave up 48 points in just over 18 minutes in the 2nd half. It was 42-27 with 18:51 left to play. They outscore us 15-2 in 2:39 and from then on they got confidence.

• Sad 1