LSU 75 Kentucky 74

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

I agree with that.

My point is losing on the road to LSU is not a "bad" loss. Power 5 road losses happen on a regular basis.

I get what you're saying, but it's hard to see this as anything but bad considering how it unfolded.

The scrum that led to the winning basket.  The free throw that hit the top of the backboard.  Doofy white guy hitting a huge 3.  Ugh.

1 minute ago, bugatti said:

Trae Hannibal has been around forever. Dude has always been the guy that does everything solid except score, all eleven seasons I’ve watched him. 

I didn't like him back when he was playing under Dale Brown. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Early in the game on the game thread I said our defense was not what it was on Saturday LSU just missed a lot of open shops and had 10 turnovers in the first half.

A tale of 2 halves. In the first half LSU was just 9-23 and 4-11 from 3 with 10 turnovers. In the 2nd half they were 16-33 and 5-9 from 3 only 3 turnovers and 7 offensive rebounds.

The problem wasn't the game winner that can happen. The problem was the 5 points before that the straight line baseline drive for a layup and Onyenso watching the ball and losing his man for the wide open almost set shot 3!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Ugh well that sucked. Only good thing to take away from this is this team is starting to learn how to play at the end of tight games. They made plays tonight the last minute on both ends to put themselves in position to win. Just unfortunately the LSU player made a great pass after a getting blocked to get the game winner. 

This team is looking to be a team that could get up to as high as a 3 seed depending how they finish, or down to a 6 seed. I don’t think many teams will want to play UK. UK is a scary team in regards they literally could lose in the first round, or make a deep run. 

They're already 5, now probably a 6.  Lose to Tennessee and Alabama and they're sitting around an 8 or 9 going into the SEC tournament.  Only way they move up from there is by playing in the SEC tournament championship.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I didn't like him back when he was playing under Dale Brown. 

College guys are now journeymen. Two years at South Carolina (vaguely remember), one year at Murray State, then has been with McMahon two years at LSU. At MSU he would do the exact same thing. Post up Mark Jackson style with the power dribble, back you down, and always make the right play.

1 minute ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

When you're losing, you gotta go that early in case you miss. If the game was tied, then you wait.

Agreed.  Miss and you've got a chance to foul and get another shot at the basket, especially with the way LSU was missing free throws.