Adam Kozerski is head football coach at Bishop Brossart.

From Bishop Brossart Mustang Football on Facebook.

Announcement of Adam Kozerski as Bishop Brossart new Head Football Coach

Bishop Brossart is pleased to announce Adam Kozerski as our new Head Football Coach. Coach Kozerski has been part of the Holy Cross football coaching staff since 2012 coaching in various roles as Assistant Coach, JV Head Coach, Assistant Offensive Coordinator, and Position Coach of the Defensive Line, Wide Receivers and Tight Ends. 

Coach Kozerski is a 2012 graduate of Holy Cross High School, where he played four years of football for the Indians. After high school he attended the University of Louisville where he earned a  B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. He is currently working on his Masters in Education from Thomas More University.  Coach Kozerski is a Faculty Member at Bishop Brossart where he teaches Calculus and Algebra. He and his wife Brittany have one son and  are members of St. Patrick Church in Independence, KY. 

Coach Kozerski met with players from the football team this morning and plans to meet with the current coaching staff later today.

Welcome Coach Kozerski!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

From Bishop Brossart Mustang Football on Facebook.

Announcement of Adam Kozerski as Bishop Brossart new Head Football Coach

Bishop Brossart is pleased to announce Adam Kozerski as our new Head Football Coach. Coach Kozerski has been part of the Holy Cross football coaching staff since 2012 coaching in various roles as Assistant Coach, JV Head Coach, Assistant Offensive Coordinator, and Position Coach of the Defensive Line, Wide Receivers and Tight Ends. 

Coach Kozerski is a 2012 graduate of Holy Cross High School, where he played four years of football for the Indians. After high school he attended the University of Louisville where he earned a  B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. He is currently working on his Masters in Education from Thomas More University.  Coach Kozerski is a Faculty Member at Bishop Brossart where he teaches Calculus and Algebra. He and his wife Brittany have one son and  are members of St. Patrick Church in Independence, KY. 

Coach Kozerski met with players from the football team this morning and plans to meet with the current coaching staff later today.

Welcome Coach Kozerski!

Clear to see that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.  Bruce is a really smart guy and it looks like Adam is following suit.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

100%.  He was asked to be on the committee because he is a well-respected coach who lives in the community and who has kids in the building.  While the administration would have loved for EE to throw his hat in the ring, they harbored no illusions of that happening.  

As to whether this hire is an upgrade, there are things Koz brings to the table that Wiggins could not.  The biggest being that he is in the building every day.  A coach at a private school, especially a small one, has to be a recruiter and has to project an image of being a leader and a program grower.  In my opinion that is something that Koz can provide more than Wiggins could.

Presence within the building is definitely a big deal at the high school level, especially for a sport that involves a very large commitment of time and effort like football does. From looking at the sidelines, I'd say Brossart has probably been in the mid-forties for roster numbers in the last few years under Wiggins. The roster at Holy Cross, where Kozerski is coming from as a coach, has been more around mid-thirties in the same timeframe. Holy Cross did have a head coach coach in the building who also happens to be the biggest personal mentor to Adam Kozerski. Holy Cross also has had a good stream of athletes coming across from Ohio, historically. I don't see many people traversing the river and then going up and 27 to play at Brossart, though.

I'm assuming that Adam Kozerski will bring in "Big Koz" as an assistant coach now that he has retired as a head coach.

Does the new hire possess a better demeanor on the sideline than his father did? If his dad is on his staff, will that influence how he coaches each game? I know nothing of the younger Koz but the older one was known to be very loud and outspoken during games.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheConch said:

Goodtimers conversation #387 : A Covington Catholic assistant coach accepted the job, and then backed out. 

Naturally, no other details to this rumor, and no name known either LOL! 

Was that before or after Urban Meyer couldn't find enough land for a goat farm?   LOL

23 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Does the new hire possess a better demeanor on the sideline than his father did? If his dad is on his staff, will that influence how he coaches each game? I know nothing of the younger Koz but the older one was known to be very loud and outspoken during games.

Drastically different demeanors. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pi said:

Drastically different demeanors. 

I remember seeing highlights of their first game ever.  John Wysong was giving a pep talk pregame and Koz (his assistant at the time) looked like he was ready to bust a heart valve he was yelling so much.   Kept thinking, "Geez he needs to calm down.   He'll never last like that."

22 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

I remember seeing highlights of their first game ever.  John Wysong was giving a pep talk pregame and Koz (his assistant at the time) looked like he was ready to bust a heart valve he was yelling so much.   Kept thinking, "Geez he needs to calm down.   He'll never last like that."

I know Coach Koz's yelling turned into a real issue with some of his friends/assistant coaches during the 2016 season. At the end of the season Coach Pando left, as well as with 3 other assistants. They have all been pretty forthright among coaching circles about the reason behind their departure.