Adam Kozerski is head football coach at Bishop Brossart.

29 minutes ago, hector607 said:

What ties to Bishop Brossart or Campbell/Pendleton County does he have? Someone help me out to see why or the fire to this hire makes sense?

I see in another thread he is a teacher at Bishop Brossart, where I thought he was in the building at Holy Cross. Always good to have the HC in the building. Other things I’ve seen/heard, not so great. 

Adam is a great guy with a good heart.  Regarding football, I observed him personally learning a lot from his dad and being successful in the roles that he was given as an assistant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, nkypete said:

Adam is a great guy with a good heart.  Regarding football, I observed him personally learning a lot from his dad and being successful in the roles that he was given as an assistant.

Yes, a great guy with a good heart but also comes with a ton of football knowledge. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nkypete said:

Black smoke, not white smoke?

Referring not to the new hire, but The Oracle putting wet straw on the fire that EE was in the running for the position. 

Absolutely white smoke ("habemus ducem") for the Bishop Brossart community. Congratulations and good luck, Coach Kozerski!

11 hours ago, nkypete said:

Is his only coaching experience with his dad?

This is a head scratcher, the only justification I could see for letting Wiggins go was to get a seasoned vet in to bring this program up higher.  Hiring someone from the staff of a school you had beaten the past few years and is on a downturn (albeit still respected from their past) is….underwhelming 

I wish the best to new head coach Kozerski!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hector607 said:

Is his only coaching experience with his dad?

I believe, yes.  Adam was the starting TE on the 2011 Holy Cross state championship team.  He is familiar with both winning and losing situations.  Adam followed his dad into teaching and coaching.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, The Oracle said:

Guess I wasn't first with the news. Logged on to post the hire. Apparently all of the Eviston to Brossart smoke was a product of EE being brought in onto Brossart's hiring committee.

How else would a school try to endear Eviston to a possible move? It's a tactic used quite a bit. "Hey, your opinion is highly regarded, would you also be interested in hearing what we have to offer?" Being on the committee provides cover for those conversations to happen while not jeopardizing a coaches current job.  EE was the first choice, but it fell through for whatever reason(s). Congrats to Coach Kozerski!

18 hours ago, The Oracle said:

Guess I wasn't first with the news. Logged on to post the hire. Apparently all of the Eviston to Brossart smoke was a product of EE being brought in onto Brossart's hiring committee.

1 hour ago, Yall Wear High Waters said:

How else would a school try to endear Eviston to a possible move? It's a tactic used quite a bit. "Hey, your opinion is highly regarded, would you also be interested in hearing what we have to offer?" Being on the committee provides cover for those conversations to happen while not jeopardizing a coaches current job.  EE was the first choice, but it fell through for whatever reason(s). Congrats to Coach Kozerski!

Wasn't it mentioned that Eviston's children attend Brossart? 

Perhaps that is why he was on the committee?

1 hour ago, Yall Wear High Waters said:

Perhaps that's why he was approached in the first place. 

100%.  He was asked to be on the committee because he is a well-respected coach who lives in the community and who has kids in the building.  While the administration would have loved for EE to throw his hat in the ring, they harbored no illusions of that happening.  

As to whether this hire is an upgrade, there are things Koz brings to the table that Wiggins could not.  The biggest being that he is in the building every day.  A coach at a private school, especially a small one, has to be a recruiter and has to project an image of being a leader and a program grower.  In my opinion that is something that Koz can provide more than Wiggins could.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Wasn't it mentioned that Eviston's children attend Brossart? 

Perhaps that is why he was on the committee?

My sources tell me that Brossart initially reached out to Eviston and he promptly turned the job down. I don't know about Eviston's participation on the the hiring committee, but from what I heard it didn't sound like he formally interviewed, nor did he really entertain the idea of taking the job. I was told there were two more who turned the job down before it was offered to Kozerski.

• Thanks 1