• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bubblewatch?id=38

Drive To 65

Southeastern Conference

Teams that should be in: Arkansas, LSU

Work left to do: Georgia

Florida, Alabama and Tennessee are no-brainers at this point, but somewhat surprisingly, Kentucky's overall profile (No. 5 RPI, No. 4 SOS) makes the underrated Cats a lock, too. It looks very possible that the SEC could get six bids, but there's not all that much below the teams listed to add anything more.

Should be in:

Arkansas [12-5 (1-2), RPI: 20, SOS: 4] Blitzed Bama and beat So. Illinois and a couple of other decent squads, but has a couple of so-so losses, too, and the computer numbers are a bit inflated for the overall performance. Still in good position, despite a disappointing SEC start.

LSU [12-4 (1-1), RPI: 53, SOS: 67] Beat Texas A&M for a high-quality win, but has lost at home to Wichita State and didn't come away with any big road test, yet. Computer numbers reflect so-so overall performance, but Tigers would likely be in good shape if the season ended today.

Work left to do:

Georgia [9-5 (2-1), RPI: 65, SOS: 37] Nominally here for now because of the Gonzaga win and the Bulldogs' solid home form, but the next five in SEC play (at Arkansas, at Alabama, Kentucky, LSU, at Tennessee) might be lights out for the Dawgs. Or it could thrust them right into the mix ...

Locks

Florida Gators

Kentucky Wildcats

Alabama Crimson Tide

Tennessee Volunteers

Western Kentucky [14-5 (6-1), RPI: 60, SOS: 96] Very fringe candidacy at the moment for a solid team that has whiffed on a couple of big chances (including against Florida, a 33-point loss in Vegas). They may have been the last team out of the dance last season according to some sources, but that's not the case right now for the Toppers.

It's the second bracketology of the year, and the one last week had UK as a 6 seed as well. The analysis last week said that the 6 seed may be a ceiling for UK, as they good teams and lose to very good teams.

As far as WKU goes, they'd better not hope for an at-large because they'll be on the outside. They've already lost two in the Sun Belt, one last night to Arkansas Little-Rock, a 9-11 team.

I think a 6 seed is pretty accurate at this point. Cant really argue with that too much I dont believe.

They are 15-3 and have not been upset to this point and they have won 11 games in a row. They also have top 10 RPI and SOS. I would say they should be a 3 seed at this point.

They are 15-3 and have not been upset to this point and they have won 11 games in a row. They also have top 10 RPI and SOS. I would say they should be a 3 seed at this point.

They need to spilt with both UT and UF and beat LSU at home. Take care of business in the rest, and we'll talk about a 3 seed.

Garbage.

Va. Tech at a #4? Clemson with a #4?

And for the love of all things holy and sacred, how can an unranked (and only receiving 17 of 168 needed votes for the polls) Boston College team get a #5 seed?

I agree, my friend. Garbage.