Who is in line to be the next coach at CovCath?

Thanks for the understanding but it isn't about loyalty, it is about respect for another person. He hasn't disappeared, he still lives/teaches in NKY just isn't coaching right now. He wanted a break and is taking one.

He don't read any of this but people close to him give him reports and that is how he finds out. He knows a few people in NKY!!:D

Perhaps his "friends" should keep what they read on the net to themselves. Especially if they feel it will upset him to hear the comments.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall if Dave applied for the job.

Tony: I'd take him without question but I don't see it happening.

I have talked to several CCH players and many of them feel that Tony Acito would not be fit for the job. On the other hand I know that many of them would like to see Coach Wirth.

While that certainly adds to the speculation that Wirth is the leader for the job, I really hope they look at some other candidates too. There are some good young coaches coming up through the ranks, and I really hope they are given a fair shake.

Agreed.

I have talked to several CCH players and many of them feel that Tony Acito would not be fit for the job. On the other hand I know that many of them would like to see Coach Wirth.

These guys are great young coaches - dont get me wrong. But I believe the problem is - can they get along with the CCH administration? Mike Clines runs a tighter ship over there these days. There could be some issues between the Boss and those candidates.

These guys are great young coaches - dont get me wrong. But I believe the problem is - can they get along with the CCH administration? Mike Clines runs a tighter ship over there these days. There could be some issues between the Boss and those candidates.

Both of the two coaches have taught at CCH before so I wouldn't think that would be a problem.

I have talked to several CCH players and many of them feel that Tony Acito would not be fit for the job. .

Those that have played for Tony for more than their sophomore year would disagree with you. Most would run through a wall for the guy.

3ptshooter, I said he would not be a candidate for the job and would leave my personal opinions alone. h.s. then came in to validate my thoughts and mentioned baggage not me. We were very nice about a very good coach that will not be a candidate, so leave your slander comments at home.

Slow down young pup, you are right and after re-reading things it was h.s and I appologize to you. I start reading all this and it gets my blood pressure boiling and I tend to forget what/who wrote what so thanks for the correction.

As for leaving the "slander comment at home," I was just giving some of you young guys a fair warning. Sometimes it is better to leave well enough alone and not speak about things you have no clue about, especially when it is regarding a person. I didn't want to single any one person out. I wouldn't want to meet any of these mysterious screen name people in a court of law.

Opinions are great until they are pointed at one particular person in a wrong way. Just make sure when saying something, you have proof to back it up.

Slow down young pup, you are right and after re-reading things it was h.s and I appologize to you. I start reading all this and it gets my blood pressure boiling and I tend to forget what/who wrote what so thanks for the correction.

As for leaving the "slander comment at home," I was just giving some of you young guys a fair warning. Sometimes it is better to leave well enough alone and not speak about things you have no clue about, especially when it is regarding a person. I didn't want to single any one person out. I wouldn't want to meet any of these mysterious screen name people in a court of law.

Opinions are great until they are pointed at one particular person in a wrong way. Just make sure when saying something, you have proof to back it up.

Wow...how nice of you to be defending your buddy. Honestly, I admire that. However, we do need to clarify a few things:

A. I'm not a young pup.

B. Fair warning? What did I say that was rude about Mike? That he was a great coach? That he is very smart? That can't be it -- that he brings with him baggage? That's what was so offensive it got "your blood boiling"? You're kidding, right? Mike is a nice guy, a World Class football coach, a legacy that is 2nd to none....he also will bring with him some baggage. It's not that big of a shot; it's a fact. It's also not a big deal.

C. Court of law? Get real. Me thinks you take a little criticism of your friend a little too personally. He's a public figure, it isn't always going to be wine and roses.

I like Mike, I think Mike's a great coach, I just don't think he'll ever be the coach at CCH -- and he may well have no interest anyway.

Thanks for the warning

I guess you think a guys almost 40 is young, thanks for the compliment

Wow...how nice of you to be defending your buddy. Honestly, I admire that. However, we do need to clarify a few things:

A. I'm not a young pup.

B. Fair warning? What did I say that was rude about Mike? That he was a great coach? That he is very smart? That can't be it -- that he brings with him baggage? That's what was so offensive it got "your blood boiling"? You're kidding, right? Mike is a nice guy, a World Class football coach, a legacy that is 2nd to none....he also will bring with him some baggage. It's not that big of a shot; it's a fact. It's also not a big deal.

C. Court of law? Get real. Me thinks you take a little criticism of your friend a little too personally. He's a public figure, it isn't always going to be wine and roses.

I like Mike, I think Mike's a great coach, I just don't think he'll ever be the coach at CCH -- and he may well have no interest anyway.

Once again h.s. you answered before I got the chance with the exact right answer,

A. I'm not a young pup.

First of all, I did not call you a young pup. My whole point w/all this is say what you have to say and don't add the adjectives, they are not necessary and uncalled for. You still say "baggage" but elude to say what you are talking about which you are probably better off not saying.

Court of Law, it is real. Don't take my advice and find out the hard way. Yes he is a public figure but that don't give anyone the right to take pot shots at them and don't say there is something called "freedom of speech" because that won't hold water.

You all can keep replying but I am done w/this conversation because it is going no where as usual.

Everyone have a nice day!

Court of Law, it is real. Don't take my advice and find out the hard way. Yes he is a public figure but that don't give anyone the right to take pot shots at them and don't say there is something called "freedom of speech" because that won't hold water.

!

A "baggage" comment would not even come close to the real definition of "slander." For one, its an opinion so there goes any legal case that you might think would come about. Loyalty is a beautiful thing. I treasure it. It sometimes blinds one's ability though. I know because I've been there more than once and will most likely be there again.

Lets move on.

I think Mike will apply. He will not get the job IMO. I'll be curious to see if he gets to interview should he choose to apply.