Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2023 at 12:00 AM

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

36 to 35!?  We can only hope no matter who wins. 

I can see either team winning, so it’s 50/50 with a lot of points. 

I expect Highlands to run for a lot of yards and I think Coach EE has learned from his mistakes in last year’s game and will really attack the perimeter with our very talented WR/TE room. Throw in a big punt return from Braylon Miller and a forced turnover from Tate Kruer and I think Cov Cath pulls it out. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

36-35 Cov Cath. 

Pitzer is the best QB on the field for a 2nd year in a row and Rodriguez is the best player. 

Go Colonels. 

I totally agree 100% about Pitzer. I’m not sure why he doesn’t get the love or recognition that other QBs in NKY receive?

(no means bashing Benke as he’s a heck of a player and one of NKYs best but Pitz seems smoother/poised)

1 hour ago, theguru said:

The temp will be in the low 80s at 8pm, I think we are fine. 

The heat index is 110 and the dew point is 80, 3 degrees higher than I've ever seen it.  I track this like a hobby.  If they play, bring the coffee.  Going to be a late night.  You read it here first.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 859Radio said:

The heat index is 110 and the dew point is 80, 3 degrees higher than I've ever seen it.  I track this like a hobby.  If they play, bring the coffee.  Going to be a late night.  You read it here first.

Vacation Forecast GIF - Vacation Forecast GIFs

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, 859Radio said:

Yeah I'm concerned about this as well. We're not even to the hottest part of the day, we've still got a few more hours of warming before we'd even start to think about cooling off. I think even those games that have pushed to 8:30 will be in jeopardy. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 859Radio said:

Hydration starts the day before, fellas. Remember that.

5 minutes ago, Evvie Ediston said:

Hydration starts the day before, fellas. Remember that.

I would say at a minimum Coach.  Hydration is an all the time thing but at a minimum 48 hours before competition in such conditions. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theguru said:

I would say at a minimum Coach.  Hydration is an all the time thing but at a minimum 48 hours before competition in such conditions. 

Absolutely right. Electrolyte management is also a must to optimize bloodflow and oxygenation to muscles and keep the leg cramps at bay, so we need to be putting more than water into our system when the weather is as brutal as it is today.

• Like 1