Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2023 at 12:00 AM

3 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

I'm hearing Freshman Tayden Lorenzen will have something to say about that. I'm sure it will be Litmer's to lose but don't count out the Two Freshman QB's coming behind and especially #22. He has some of Daddy's talent in him and I personally can't wait to watch him grow. The difference in the program now then from a few years back. The best players are on the field. 

I'd love to see Tayden sling it! It is a big ask for a sophomore but I agree that it is good to see the best 11 on the field at all times; even if that means playing guys both sides of the ball. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

I'd love to see Tayden sling it! It is a big ask for a sophomore but I agree that it is good to see the best 11 on the field at all times; even if that means playing guys both sides of the ball. 

I watched the JV game last week vs Anderson, Tayden was one of the best players on the field at TE and LB.  Had probably 4-5 catches,  one sack and just missed 2 others, and then played about half the snaps at QB.  I'm not sure what his best position is but I really liked him at TE.  Great at sniffing out the open areas of the field and soft hands.  Kid is going to be REALLY good, just don't know if he is the de facto QB...

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, throwback32 said:

I watched the JV game last week vs Anderson, Tayden was one of the best players on the field at TE and LB.  Had probably 4-5 catches,  one sack and just missed 2 others, and then played about half the snaps at QB.  I'm not sure what his best position is but I really liked him at TE.  Great at sniffing out the open areas of the field and soft hands.  Kid is going to be REALLY good, just don't know if he is the de facto QB...

Sounds like he should be beating up on some Colonels in no time! Love it. 

Bringing things back to the game... Last go around the Birds turned the ball over 5 times and still were able to win at CCH. I think if the Birds protect the ball and control the LOS they win by 10. 

3 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Whether it’s when Tayden and Cale are sophomores, or juniors, Litmer will definitely be fighting for his job.  As they all should be. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out and if Litmer gets moved to a different position. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1959 said:

Whether it’s when Tayden and Cale are sophomores, or juniors, Litmer will definitely be fighting for his job.  As they all should be. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out and if Litmer gets moved to a different position. 

Good problem to have. Seems like they all could get looks at QB and another position. Really hard to play defense against multiple good QBs. 

43 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Good problem to have. Seems like they all could get looks at QB and another position. Really hard to play defense against multiple good QBs. 

I think most defenses would welcome a team with multiple qbs.  Especially if it means a player the caliber of Benke doesn’t have the ball in his hands. Just my opinion though. 

50 minutes ago, 1959 said:

I think most defenses would welcome a team with multiple qbs.  Especially if it means a player the caliber of Benke doesn’t have the ball in his hands. Just my opinion though. 

For sure multiple QBs is usually a bad sign but this is kinda the opposite. You have a scrambling, quick QB coming in (way different than Benke) and then you ask your CB to cover Benke. It is also a lot more to prepare for as the defense of the other team and there isn’t much time to prepare. 

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

For sure multiple QBs is usually a bad sign but this is kinda the opposite. You have a scrambling, quick QB coming in (way different than Benke) and then you ask your CB to cover Benke. It is also a lot more to prepare for as the defense of the other team and there isn’t much time to prepare. 

I hope that you’re correct. Shuffling QBs opens the door to a lot of second guessing and what if scenarios when things don’t go as planned. I wouldn’t want that creeping into anyone’s head. 

14 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I hope that you’re correct. Shuffling QBs opens the door to a lot of second guessing and what if scenarios when things don’t go as planned. I wouldn’t want that creeping into anyone’s head. 

7 minutes ago, 1959 said:

Yeah that’s true. But one more thing I like about Benke getting some breaks from QB/ running the ball is it doesn’t wear him out as bad over the year. 

• Like 1

I’m excited to see Rodriguez healthy and In person ans he’s currently going to UK.  Also the multi-faceted look of Benke on offense. The only thing about rotating QBs (not a true rotation in this case from what I can tell) would be rhythm. That being said if it’s been in the works since the first off season workout it should work out (pun intended). I’m also pumped to see how CCs defense does against the multiple weapons Highlands has on offense. CovCath has had one of the best Ds in the state since Eviston took over. Good luck both teams, drink a ton and more water. 

10 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I’m excited to see Rodriguez healthy and In person ans he’s currently going to UK.  Also the multi-faceted look of Benke on offense. The only thing about rotating QBs (not a true rotation in this case from what I can tell) would be rhythm. That being said if it’s been in the works since the first off season workout it should work out (pun intended). I’m also pumped to see how CCs defense does against the multiple weapons Highlands has on offense. CovCath has had one of the best Ds in the state since Eviston took over. Good luck both teams, drink a ton and more water. 

Truuuuuuuth. I'd have my fridge stacked with Gatorade and be having my kid take down 3 bananas a day in weather like this if I was a football parent.

16 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

What was the result of the JV game at Anderson?  A score wasn't shown on the HHS Athletic website.

Anderson won by 1 point. I believe it was 20-19. Birds were a little sloppy on offense. 2 Fumbles by the QBs that were recovered for TDs.  Overall, good reps for a lot of young players. 

• Thanks 1