Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2023 at 12:00 AM

16 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Anderson won by 1 point. I believe it was 20-19. Birds were a little sloppy on offense. 2 Fumbles by the QBs that were recovered for TDs.  Overall, good reps for a lot of young players. 

Who plays QB for JV?

On 8/19/2023 at 8:26 PM, TheConch said:

Upset I missed the Ryle game, but mad at myself I’ll be missing this game as well with the last lake weekend of the year. 

Does HHS still do their broadcasts? 

Weird feeling about this one, especially with no district or region implications. Yet, I’m confident no love is lost between these two schools. Best game over the year, just glad I don’t have to deal with Ft. Thomas parking! 

Colonels 31 HHS 17

Yes, Highlands does broadcast, Go to YouTube type in Highlands Film and Broadcasting, also 859SportsRadio.com will be broadcasting this game. Full Coverage coming from the Fort!

As many people can't attend the game, or have moved out of the area, they can still watch this exciting game. HIGHLANDS does Broadcast their Home Games at  NO Charge, Simply go to YouTube, Type in Highlands Film and Broadcasting. The Game has been moved to 8pm because of heat. 

Also 859SportsRadio.com will also be Broadcasting this Game from Highlands, so FULL Coverage from the Fort on Friday Night August 25, 2023 at NO Charge to You! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbath said:

As many people can't attend the game, or have moved out of the area, they can still watch this exciting game. HIGHLANDS does Broadcast their Home Games at  NO Charge, Simply go to YouTube, Type in Highlands Film and Broadcasting. The Game has been moved to 8pm because of heat. 

Also 859SportsRadio.com will also be Broadcasting this Game from Highlands, so FULL Coverage from the Fort on Friday Night August 25, 2023 at NO Charge to You! 

Thanks for that @Bluebirdbath, Highlands Film and Broadcasting is elite!

And how lucky are we to have @859Radio, wow!

• Like 3

What a difficult game to pick. The teams mirror each other in many ways. Benke and Pitzer are dual threats and looked really good last week. Leen and Giesler are two of NKY's best backs. Both teams have a clear go-to pass catcher, but also depth at the receiver position. Both defenses have vulnerabilities. 

My deciding factor is down to one player... or rather, two. Charlie Noon was FTH's best player last year and he came up big in the win at CovCath. Rodriguez is CovCath's best player and didn't play in that game. Noon is gone and Rodriguez is healthy. That's at least a +1 for the Blue Colonels. That's just enough to earn my vote. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

What a difficult game to pick. The teams mirror each other in many ways. Benke and Pitzer are dual threats and looked really good last week. Leen and Giesler are two of NKY's best backs. Both teams have a clear go-to pass catcher, but also depth at the receiver position. Both defenses have vulnerabilities. 

My deciding factor is down to one player... or rather, two. Charlie Noon was FTH's best player last year and he came up big in the win at CovCath. Rodriguez is CovCath's best player and didn't play in that game. Noon is gone and Rodriguez is healthy. That's at least a +1 for the Blue Colonels. That's just enough to earn my vote. 

Good way to look at it DMC.

It is hard to feel confident at this early point in the season but reading the tea leaves l like the Colonels too.  Whatever happens, I hope it comes down to the last play of the game. 

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

Good way to look at it DMC.

It is hard to feel confident at this early point in the season but reading the tea leaves l like the Colonels too.  Whatever happens, I hope it comes down to the last play of the game. 

My logic's only going to go over with half the crowd in here, but when a game looks this tight on paper, you look for an edge wherever it lies.

2 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

My logic's only going to go over with half the crowd in here, but when a game looks this tight on paper, you look for an edge wherever it lies.

I think this is CCH's year, I don't know how far they will go but I like what I am seeing so far. 

If we are taking about one edge I’d say whoever can handle the heat and humidity better. People in general lose focus and motivation when they get uncomfortable. One bad play can change one’s psyche. I have zero clue who would win in ideal conditions so I’m hoping for a high intensity, roller coaster, nail biter. Good luck to both. Bananas water and Gatorade. 

1 hour ago, BLUEHOUND said:

How do these teams stack up in the trenches? Usually that's where the ties are broken.  

This is why I think Highlands wins. Their OLine is big, strong and has managed to  push dudes around. Didn’t Cov Cath graduate a lot of linemen?

5 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

This is why I think Highlands wins. Their OLine is big, strong and has managed to  push dudes around.

I agree ED.  I think we are going to out muscle Cov Cath.

I am going to MRBL Steakhouse for a 12oz bone in filet before heading to the game.

• Like 1