The NFL paperwork was on the Brohm's kitchen table

RockPride

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've known Brian for about 9 years, and I couldn't be more proud....next year, in the last game of his career, make sure to pay particular attention to that last pass he'll throw, I made sure to do that when we played X in the finals, and it was so cool...a nice drag route on a bootleg to Stuart Dierson...I will never forget it.

The NFL is always going to be there, and I plan on being there a long time, not just for that first paycheck. But I’ve only got one more chance to win a national championship...

Brohm also stated: "Besides - The check from U.L. was laying on top of it and was much higher".:sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :D (just kidding, couldn't resist :p )

I've known Brian for about 9 years, and I couldn't be more proud....next year, in the last game of his career, make sure to pay particular attention to that last pass he'll throw, I made sure to do that when we played X in the finals, and it was so cool...a nice drag route on a bootleg to Stuart Dierson...I will never forget it.

Sounds like you have a bad case of 'man-love', as they call it on ESPN. :sssh: :scared:

Do you have frequant conversations with Brohm ?

j/w

As a 15th to mid-round selection, I think this was a no-brainer.

Agreed. The people who tried to compare his decision to Matt Leinart's are way off IMO. Leinart would have been the #1 pick and chose to stay in. Much different decision.

As a 15th to mid-round selection, I think this was a no-brainer.

With this kind of "cake" on the table.WOW....Yea thats a "no brainer"

The 15th player selected in last year’s draft, Tye Hill, signed an $11 million contract, with $7.7 million guaranteed. He got a check for $1.037 million the day after signing.

He received a salary of $275,000 this season. He’ll get a guaranteed check for $5.33 million in March.

I think Mom Brohm said it best last night on the news when she said that their family values education, and that among the reasons to return was that fact. The money of course must be tempting, but to this family there are other factors to weigh...including finishing what you start, education, and family. There was also a comment that Brohm had mentioned that by staying one way he could help be instrumental to the program, was by showing stability in the transition. The goal is to retain the recruits and build upon what they've achieved already.

Coach Kragthorpe said it best: It was a very unselfish move on the part of Brian Brohm.

I think Mom Brohm said it best last night on the news when she said that their family values education, and that among the reasons to return was that fact. The money of course must be tempting, but to this family there are other factors to weigh...including finishing what you start, education, and family. There was also a comment that Brohm had mentioned that by staying one way he could help be instrumental to the program, was by showing stability in the transition. The goal is to retain the recruits and build upon what they've achieved already.

Coach Kragthorpe said it best: It was a very unselfish move on the part of Brian Brohm.

I agree with that. Leaving what could have been $11 mil, wow! Think the band student would turn down a $11 mil contract to turn professional to stay for their senior season? Think the political science student would? I could almost guarantee you that you offer an education student $11 mil to go teach and we are working on lesson plans.