The NFL paperwork was on the Brohm's kitchen table

RockPride

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says what it says. Hard to read context.

There sentences before and after that you didn't quote.

I'd like to say I'm done with this conversation. But, knowing myself, I know I'll never be able to let sleeping dogs lie. :lol:

For the record, I still stand by all my comments, for the reasons listed.

Here's a question for many of you:

How many of you have seen interviews with Brian's family, Tom Jurich, Coach Kragthorpe or even Brian himself?

And some on here are trivializing the qualities and traits he possesses to have made such a decision.

By all accounts Brian is a great kid. I complement him on that.

Do you really think that Brian would have made a different decision if he was poor and had a bad home life. I knew kids from my hometown who would think that an average income would make them rich.

Don't you think that there are some kids who have the same qualities and traits that have to make a different decision just to help their families? Does that make them a worse person than Brian because of it? Not in my opinion it doesn’t.

I agree with what cshs81 is saying. If Brohm wants to return to school more power to him, but that doesn't somehow make him any better than than a kid that leaves early to realize a big payday.

If Brian had to worry about younger siblings not being able to play out in the yard for fear of stray bullets, or could look out the window see drugs being delt, his loyalities might be entirely different.

Read this story, than imagine Brain's homelife being switched with Derrick's and tell me if you could fault him for going pro as soon as possible.

I'm sure Derrick will be a one and done player if he is good enought to go at that point, and who could blame him.

Derrick Rose

I agree with what cshs81 is saying. If Brohm wants to return to school more power to him, but that doesn't somehow make him any better than than a kid that leaves early to realize a big payday.

If Brian had to worry about younger siblings not being able to play out in the yard for fear of stray bullets, or could look out the window see drugs being delt, his loyalities might be entirely different.

Read this story, than imagine Brain's homelife being switched with Derrick's and tell me if you could fault him for going pro as soon as possible.

I'm sure Derrick will be a one and done player if he is good enought to go at that point, and who could blame him.

Derrick Rose

:thumb: Well said!! The related story backs your comments.Thanks for the link.

We say a kid can wait a year to collect a pay day... Graduate, and risk injury and risk making millions... To get the degree.

College will always be there though, after you make your big pay day you can go back and afford to pay for it. After your career ends, you can go back and graduate and get a real job.

If someone wants to jump, I say go for it.

We say a kid can wait a year to collect a pay day... Graduate, and risk injury and risk making millions... To get the degree.

College will always be there though, after you make your big pay day you can go back and afford to pay for it. After your career ends, you can go back and graduate and get a real job.

If someone wants to jump, I say go for it.

Conversely, the NFL will always be there as well.

I guess I just think that whatever else you do while you're in college, your education is the REASON you should be there.

But, I guess in this day and age, it's all about the big payday right now.

Sad really. I hate what pro-sports has done to the perception of the American public about what's important in life. You can make all the big bucks, and have all the fame, but given the number of articles I read about sports figures in all sports, it won't develop your character, make you happy or even always better your quality of life.

This is great. I have really enjoyed reading both sides of this story. Please know that I have never rooted for a Louisville or Trinity team in any sport or any game; therefore I am certainly not bias. Yes, it is true that it was much easier for Brian Brohm to turn down 11 million than others. He is from a stable family, he will be successful with or without the NFL. This in no way takes away from the character and loyaly beyond reason that he has shown. I may never root for Louisville but I will always root for Brian Brohm. This is the kind of loyalty that I think sports need when you look at all of these players/coaches hiding behind business decisions when infact they are compelled to make their decisions based on greed not loyalty. i.e.

Bobby Petrino interviewing for every job opening he could find while he was supposedly commited to Louisville.

Rick Pitino jumping ship at Uk then showing back up at Louisville to lead then to 3 straight NIT appearances

Major league baseball players flip flopping teams like they were running for political office.

Less than 30s of playing time for any kid raised in Ky during the most recent UL vs UK basketball game.

These are the examples that set Brian Brohm on a pedastol when deciding to forgo 11 million dollars to stay home and play with his hometown team.

Conversely, the NFL will always be there as well.

I guess I just think that whatever else you do while you're in college, your education is the REASON you should be there.

But, I guess in this day and age, it's all about the big payday right now.

Sad really. I hate what pro-sports has done to the perception of the American public about what's important in life. You can make all the big bucks, and have all the fame, but given the number of articles I read about sports figures in all sports, it won't develop your character, make you happy or even always better your quality of life.

Good point about the sports figures with the negative press but not all of them do this. I think most of those with problems had the problem before the big bucks came along. There are many that have gone on to become productive citizens in the real world at the end of their careers. As for money & fame making or not making a persons character you are once again correct, however the same can be said about someone in the corporate world with a masters degree. Everyone has a different situation and it is not possible to profile everyone in one package. The old saying "different strokes for different folks" has a lot of truth. Money can't buy happiness but it sure can create a big smile.

BB can say all the right things in the media and make the Louisville faithful feel good about him.The bottom line is he wasn't satisfied with his draft position and he is coming back to improve it.Keenan Burton decided to do the same thing.Nothing is guaranteed in the draft and BB could have slipped to the second round and he could have done nothing about it.By coming back he has the chance to and probably will improve his position next year and along with his help Uof L also.It is about the dollars,not enough of them,plus his ego also.

BB can say all the right things in the media and make the Louisville faithful feel good about him.The bottom line is he wasn't satisfied with his draft position and he is coming back to improve it.Keenan Burton decided to do the same thing.Nothing is guaranteed in the draft and BB could have slipped to the second round and he could have done nothing about it.By coming back he has the chance to and probably will improve his position next year and along with his help Uof L also.It is about the dollars,not enough of them,plus his ego also.

I can only presume that you don't know Brian or his family from this post.

I think it is great that Brian is staying to finish his education. I wish him the best in his remaining year of college as well as his future in the NFL.

I don't know and will not deny that there is a possibility he was not happy with his draft position so I can't comment on that..

What I do know is some of you don't know this family at all...EDUCATION has always been a top priority for them. I applaud the Brohm's for having such integrity and instilling those values in their children.