Do UK Students Need a Different Section For Basketball Games?

Lucky Charms

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where should they sit?

Student currently sit in the "Rumble Zone".

I think they should get an entire sideline. I think this would help the environment at UK games.

I think it would make Rupp Arena louder and more exciting.

Its not the rumble zone its called the erupption zone! :thumb:

Also YES they definitely need to do something to get more students down by the court. I think they should put another erupption zone section behind the other basket, and have atleast a little section down one of the baselines. This would put students around 3/4ths of the court and make it alot louder and alot more exciting at Rupp. Which in turn would also help out the basketball team by creating more of a homecourt advantage for UK!

They just aren't a very boisterous group.

Very seldom do you hear them lead cheers.

If they do it is very basic.

They are not creative at all.

Could that be because they are relagated to one side of Rupp Arena? I tend to think if they were along side the sideline this arena would be rowdier.

They just aren't a very boisterous group.

Very seldom do you hear them lead cheers.

If they do it is very basic.

They are not creative at all.

Agreed.. Everyone claims that UK's students get the shaft as far as seating goes. However, they don't give the University a reason to move them to the sidelines. When they're on break they don't even fill the seats they do get. Yes I know they're out of school at those times. But you can't tell me a school of 30,000 can't find a couple thousand kids that want to come watch a basketball game between semesters, that's garbage.

Agreed.. Everyone claims that UK's students get the shaft as far as seating goes. However, they don't give the University a reason to move them to the sidelines. When they're on break they don't even fill the seats they do get. Yes I know they're out of school at those times. But you can't tell me a school of 30,000 can't find a couple thousand kids that want to come watch a basketball game between semesters, that's garbage.

Lets see during the christmas break, UK usually plays teams that no one has ever heard of. I guarntee you that if there was a game that was of interest during break the students definitely would come and fill up their seats even if they were on break...