Open Job: Ludlow

TRPride

G. Michael Graham did an article on it for LINKNKY, from the article:

Taphouse and his wife in the former Aimee Weckenbrock, a 2007 Notre Dame alum, have three kids. Taphouse said he resigned for personal reasons.

“My plan is to see where things end up,” Taphouse said. “I’m not giving up education. I’m not giving up coaching.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hate to hear this, Taphouse was a great coach. 

This one is tough to predict, anyone waiting in the wings to step up and be HC currently on staff? 

Will Ludlow’s new field, and commitment to football bring a new up and coming coach?

Tough time to be looking for a coach, hope they can get it done quickly. 

19 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Hate to hear this, Taphouse was a great coach. 

This one is tough to predict, anyone waiting in the wings to step up and be HC currently on staff? 

Will Ludlow’s new field, and commitment to football bring a new up and coming coach?

Tough time to be looking for a coach, hope they can get it done quickly. 

Although, if what I just read in the comment section of the Link nky article on Facebook is true, there is more to this story. 

50 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Although, if what I just read in the comment section of the Link nky article on Facebook is true, there is more to this story. 

This was on the LINKNKY/Facebook comment section:

He allowed bullying in his classroom. One incident specifically is allowing (edited) to repeatedly hit another kid in the head with a ball over and over in the head. Then when the kid fell to the ground (edited) hit him right in the ear. Taphouse watched it all and did nothing and when confronted by students he said I can’t do anything it’s (edited).

I don’t know if he asked for this article to be written but to know full well you did something wrong and then have this written is just insane. There is video proof of what I’m talking about.

IMO Ludlow needs to go with a young coach who has ties to the school. The last external hire at Ludlow was Steve Hensley who helped get the program back on track. Ludlow currently has alumni coaching on a few staffs (Cooper and I think Dayton) and I’d be trying to bring people in who know the school, the community, and want to stay and build the program. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BigTuna6 said:

IMO Ludlow needs to go with a young coach who has ties to the school. The last external hire at Ludlow was Steve Hensley who helped get the program back on track. Ludlow currently has alumni coaching on a few staffs (Cooper and I think Dayton) and I’d be trying to bring people in who know the school, the community, and want to stay and build the program. 

How is that better than finding the absolute best coach possible regardless of age? Ludlow could be on the verge of taking things to the next level. New field, more winning than losing, solid support ... how is a "young coach" better or most importantly, a better option than finding a really good coach who knows how to get over the hump. 

Taking some time and really looking around the area for the best possible option may turn the program into more than a winner. Think bigger. There are some great coaches around who can take things to the next level. The "young" path rarely produces the desired outcome. A knee jerk decision isn't needed here. Find the best coach. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

How is that better than finding the absolute best coach possible regardless of age? Ludlow could be on the verge of taking things to the next level. New field, more winning than losing, solid support ... how is a "young coach" better or most importantly, a better option than finding a really good coach who knows how to get over the hump. 

Taking some time and really looking around the area for the best possible option may turn the program into more than a winner. Think bigger. There are some great coaches around who can take things to the next level. The "young" path rarely produces the desired outcome. A knee jerk decision isn't needed here. Find the best coach. 

Who is to say a young coach with a decade of experience wouldn’t be the best coach? Far too often, the smaller schools are looked at as stepping stone jobs. Get someone who wants to be a part of the community and build it the right way. 

2 hours ago, BigTuna6 said:

Who is to say a young coach with a decade of experience wouldn’t be the best coach? Far too often, the smaller schools are looked at as stepping stone jobs. Get someone who wants to be a part of the community and build it the right way. 

So, what is your definition of young? No offense, but a "young" coach with 10 years experience isn't all that "young"

Best case we are looking at 31 to 35 years old ... which still isn't all that young. Ten years experience isn't young in football years.

As I have said before ... the most energetic coach I have seen was on the backside of 50 ...and nearly 40 when he got his first head coach job.

Aren't the "young" guys the ones who usually use jobs like this as stepping stones?

At the end of the day, I don't think we are far apart in our logic. I think there are great coaches out there who are waiting to be found. Schools can look for the right fit ... and truly scout the area for the right person. They don't have to settle for only the coaches who apply. 

I think this is an intriguing job due to the people and players at Ludlow. All I am saying is search and look ... don't just wait for the miracle worker to apply.

• Like 1

In the process of what will be one of the most eye popping facilities in the state, Class 1A school in a wide open district, has tradition, success and least we not forget...The Ludlow Bromley Yacht Club (serious about that).

It's late in the year, very few current head coaches bounce around these days as is- especially if it involves packing up and moving, regardless of the time of year, unless its A) Much better job across the board (town, school system, day job, pay, better chance to compete/win) and/or B) some kind of personal/family connection to the school.

Current assistants wanting to be a head coach, of any age? Single and/or recently married? No kids? Young kids not of school age yet (although, grandparents close by and/or are retired + willing to drive to be involved is a life hack-cheat code)? Now is the time of year to apply.  You might have to move, but as its said, success (be it now or down the road) often comes with 'getting comfortable being uncomfortable'.

Who knows? You might take a chance and a "do this for a few years" turns into 30 years from now and their naming the new stadium after you or you jump ship for something that's better for you 1-5 years on the job (which I would say somewhere in the time frame inlies the average tenure of all high school coaches at one school- all sports, but especially football, basketball, baseball).

• Like 1