Open Job: Ludlow

TRPride

4 hours ago, icalldownfire said:

Coach Woody Mcmillen has been on staff at Ludlow for a few years and is the current baseball HC and a teacher. Would think he would probably be of interest? 

For the kids sake I hope not, I’ve seen it first hand. They aren’t very receptive to the guy, and his football knowledge has been brought into question at other stops from what I recall. They need to get the best guy regardless of where he comes from. Not just somebody within because that’s the easy thing to do and he is our buddy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Panthers1224 said:

Let's hope we start fresh.

Exactly, the kids and town deserve a football mind. Not somebody that we hire just because they will do things how the administration wants and it’s the easiest thing to do.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BigCat88 said:

Name I heard pop up is Cameron Case. He's currently on Dayton's staff, and he has been coaching for the last 9 years. Current special teams coordinator. He's also a Ludlow Alumni. 

Would be a terrible hire, IMO. 

On 4/26/2023 at 6:53 PM, GoBucks97 said:

For the kids sake I hope not, I’ve seen it first hand. They aren’t very receptive to the guy, and his football knowledge has been brought into question at other stops from what I recall. They need to get the best guy regardless of where he comes from. Not just somebody within because that’s the easy thing to do and he is our buddy.

He’s seemed to of done a good job with the baseball program. 

• Like 1

By order of name mentioned:

Alex Shelton : CovCath Special Teams Coordinator and Defensive Backs Coach

Gary Pence : Cooper Frosh HC and Varsity asst. 

Woody McMillen: Ludlow Asst. and current Baseball HC

Cameron Case : Dayton Special Teams Coordinator 

As always, the age old question every time a job comes open, Do we know who has all applied from this list?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheConch said:

Care to elaborate?

Coached at Dayton and Bellevue when both programs took a nose dive. No experience as a coordinator. Makes me question scheme and effectiveness on the field. Heard he was passed over by Bellevue last year. 

1 hour ago, Buck2 said:

Coached at Dayton and Bellevue when both programs took a nose dive. No experience as a coordinator. Makes me question scheme and effectiveness on the field. Heard he was passed over by Bellevue last year. 

Fair. Thanks for clarification.

5 hours ago, TheConch said:

By order of name mentioned:

Alex Shelton : CovCath Special Teams Coordinator and Defensive Backs Coach

Gary Pence : Cooper Frosh HC and Varsity asst. 

Woody McMillen: Ludlow Asst. and current Baseball HC

Cameron Case : Dayton Special Teams Coordinator 

As always, the age old question every time a job comes open, Do we know who has all applied from this list?

Oddly enough, I think that’s exactly how I’d rank them as far as my thoughts of “good hire”. Without sitting in an interview, etc. of course.

One thing we all need to also consider, Pence has coached for several years under Randy Borchers. Borchers is the brother of current Ludlow superintendent Mike Borchers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1