Most Profitable BBall programs....

RockPride

Interesting stuff:

NCAA's Most Profitable Basketball Programs (In Millions)

------- Revenue Profit

Louisville $18.5 $13.1

Arizona $16.6 $12.5

North Carolina $15.0 $10.2

NC State $11.4 $9.0

Illinois $11.3 $8.1

Indiana $11.9 $8.1

Wisconsin $12.0 $8.1

Minnesota $10.4 $7.6

Ohio State $11.4 $7.4

Kentucky $12.9 $7.2

Source: U.S. Dept. of Education from 2004-

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UofL has a very favorable contract with their venue (Freedom Hall). That is the secret to their success. Well that and 19,000 sold out seats in that arena.

Don't see how UL's revenue is millions more than UK, when UK averages 4,000+ more fans per game...

Don't see how UL's revenue is millions more than UK, when UK averages 4,000+ more fans per game...
You may have "We think we are big brother" syndrome, its a common problem throughout the state. A regular reveiw of facts and stats can help relieve the symptoms, however you will need to stay off UK message boards and local sportstalk radio as they can further your disease.

You may have "We think we are big brother" syndrome, its a common problem throughout the state. A regular reveiw of facts and stats can help relieve the symptoms, however you will need to stay off UK message boards and local sportstalk radio as they can further your disease.

All I got out of all that waste of bandwidth is you don't know the answer to my question.:creepy:

From what I can gather, U of L garners a ton more money from the the suites that are in Freedom Hall, add that to 90% of the lower level, being the old gray haired club...there's a ton of money, right there...I also believe that the Big East TV contract is substantially better than the SEC's.

From what I can gather, U of L garners a ton more money from the the suites that are in Freedom Hall, add that to 90% of the lower level, being the old gray haired club...there's a ton of money, right there...I also believe that the Big East TV contract is substantially better than the SEC's.

All I'm saying is I'd like to see what the difference is...that's big money...I'm going to look into it.

All I got out of all that waste of bandwidth is you don't know the answer to my question.:creepy:
Don't get sore.

Louisville has one of the strongest basketball "programs" in NCAA. That they are in the top of the profitability should not be a shock. Like other have said they are in a lot of finacially rewarding situations that account for thier situation.

It's not just about tickets sold. You have to add in what it costs to lease Rupp from the city of Lex. Several schools on the list also have arenas with luxury boxes. Also a lot of it has to do with the way a program is marketed, which is almost non-existant at UK. Multiple jersey combinations, t-shirts, etc all generate big time cash for most of these schools.

It's not just about tickets sold.. You have to add in what it costs to lease Rupp from the city of Lex Several schools on the list also have arenas with luxury boxes. Also a lot of it has to do with the way a program is marketed, which is almost non-existant at UK. Multiple jersey combinations, t-shirts, etc all generate big time cash for most of these schools.

Not talking about expenses! Top line revenue...nobody still has numbers what the difference is...I refuse to believe UL sells more athletic gear than UK for instance, given the UK fan base is several times larger in basketball...again, until someone provides some solid numbers on why UL takes in millions more in basketball than UK, it's all guesswork...