10th Region Tournament Restructure

I think it will be an interesting vote. I think the problem is there are so many small schools in the 10th that may on a given year host the Region by winning their District. Where does Augusta Host if they win? What effect does the finances have? I think the girls and boys coaches Ive talked with love the idea of having a break between games especially a day off between semifianls and finals to prepare and also it assures the girls each year have at least one prime night (Friday-Saturday) for their finals each year

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I struggle with the changes of playing at various sites. For example, last season Augusta finally returned to the 10th region tournament. They entered as the 39th District runner up. How deflating it would have been to play their game at Pendleton County (whom they faced last yr.)? There is no atmosphere better in this region than the Fieldhouse. And as far as what nights the games are played, you're going to get larger crowds for boys than girls. I believe it's been said many times already. It's not mean to say that, it's simply FACTS!!!!! Every year kids at schools across this region dream of making it to the Fieldhouse in March. Please don't let that dream die.

I struggle with the changes of playing at various sites. For example, last season Augusta finally returned to the 10th region tournament. They entered as the 39th District runner up. How deflating it would have been to play their game at Pendleton County (whom they faced last yr.)? There is no atmosphere better in this region than the Fieldhouse. And as far as what nights the games are played, you're going to get larger crowds for boys than girls. I believe it's been said many times already. It's not mean to say that, it's simply FACTS!!!!! Every year kids at schools across this region dream of making it to the Fieldhouse in March. Please don't let that dream die.

I believe I said that earlier. Thanks for agreeing!!;)

I thought Fred Hester retired a year or two ago. Steve Appleman is listed on all official papers as the AD at Mason Co. Wonder what wool Mason Co. is pulling over some eyes on some state regulations? Besides, if the KHSAA hadn't screwed with the districts and regions in their infinite wisdom, the schools from Northern KY would still be in the 9th Region where they belong and Fleming Co., Bath Co. and possibly Lewis Co. would be in the 10th Region where they belong!

I thought Fred Hester retired a year or two ago. Steve Appleman is listed on all official papers as the AD at Mason Co. Wonder what wool Mason Co. is pulling over some eyes on some state regulations? Besides, if the KHSAA hadn't screwed with the districts and regions in their infinite wisdom, the schools from Northern KY would still be in the 9th Region where they belong and Fleming Co., Bath Co. and possibly Lewis Co. would be in the 10th Region where they belong!
The KHSAA site lists Fred Hester as Athletic Director.

Even if he were not serving in that official capacity, I would still think that he could certainly serve as 10th Region Tournament Director, a position that he has filled admirably for these many years.

In reference to "the schools from Northern Kentucky still being in the 9th Region where they belong ." The schools from Northern Kentucky being moved to the 10th has/had no basis in the 10th Region - the problem was that the 9th was grossly overloaded and some of the 9th Region teams had to be dispersed elsewhere. Where else would they go but to the 8th or the 10th?

I would like to think and hope that we (Brossart) have by now been accepted as a bona fide member of the 10th Region. We have worked hard to be good citizens of the 10th and to represent its traditions of excellence.

That is probably wishful thinking on my part. I'm sure - "Once a yankee, always a yankee."

Even if he were not serving in that official capacity, I would still think that he could certainly serve as 10th Region Tournament Director, a position that he has filled admirably for these many years.

In reference to "the schools from Northern Kentucky still being in the 9th Region where they belong ." The schools from Northern Kentucky being moved to the 10th has/had no basis in the 10th Region - the problem was that the 9th was grossly overloaded and some of the 9th Region teams had to be dispersed elsewhere. Where else would they go but to the 8th or the 10th?

I would like to think and hope that we (Brossart) have by now been accepted as a bona fide member of the 10th Region. We have worked hard to be good citizens of the 10th and to represent its traditions of excellence.

That is probably wishful thinking on my part. I'm sure - "Once a yankee, always a yankee."

I believe BB has tried to be a good member especially on the girls' side where Ray Kues served as President of the 10th Region Coaches Association and basically help get it, the banquet and the all-region team up and going. On the girls side, it was a real positive to have Coach Kues become part of the 10th Region.

That being said, your last statement will always be true. Just as Pendleton County will never truly be seen as part of NKY, BB, Scott, CC, Silver Grove, Calvary will never truly be seen as part of the 10th region to the older generation.

We here at Mason County except you fully as a member.You always bring great competion to the floor in every game you play.:thumb: