Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Tournament Restructure

Featured Replies

Stupid if you ask me. Kids play with a little more passion inside the beautiful building that is the fieldhouse, home court is overrated in TOURNAMENT time, its all heart and determination.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as freds shoes, I hope to see Marty Wallingford walking in his very soon, Now that is a polite and (caring) person

AMEN,And sounds like to me the 2/3 vote goes the majority of the 10th region schools vote for Mason so dont hate us.

As I have pointed out twice in this thread, the region chose a rotation for the districts to decide where to host the tournament and the schools in the district make that choice. I would fully expect the Montgomery district whose turn it is to HOST the region next year to vote for Montgomery and not Mason.

Stupid if you ask me. Kids play with a little more passion inside the beautiful building that is the fieldhouse, home court is overrated in TOURNAMENT time, its all heart and determination.
I suspect the kids will play with passion wherever the regional tournament is, whether it's Mason County's "beautiful building" or someone's crackerbox.
Stupid if you ask me. Kids play with a little more passion inside the beautiful building that is the fieldhouse, home court is overrated in TOURNAMENT time, its all heart and determination.

 

SirMixAlot, I have been trying to stress your words in so many other threads when regional tournament is being discussed, I am glad that I am not alone in my thoughts that home court advantage is overated, its all about heart and determination and lets face it the best teams win when it gets to March, despite where you play the game.

As far as freds shoes, I hope to see Marty Wallingford walking in his very soon, Now that is a polite and (caring) person

 

I believe that Marty Wallingford is now a member of the Mason County school board. Not likely that he will be the athletic director.

I believe that Marty Wallingford is now a member of the Mason County school board. Not likely that he will be the athletic director.

 

 

He is and was also recently named director of CASA ( Court Appointed Special Advocates) so he has alot on his plate right now.

I believe that Marty Wallingford is now a member of the Mason County school board. Not likely that he will be the athletic director.

Any relation to Hacksaw?

If I'm not mistaken (and I often am), most folks that hang out on this board will recognize Marty as the longtime (but not any more) PA announcer at the Fieldhouse.

As I have pointed out twice in this thread, the region chose a rotation for the districts to decide where to host the tournament and the schools in the district make that choice. I would fully expect the Montgomery district whose turn it is to HOST the region next year to vote for Montgomery and not Mason.

I dont have any problem what so ever with it if it happens.

We have the discussion regarding the 10th at The Fieldhouse every year. Dead horse. The ADs will do what they will do and they probably won't be asking us for our opinions. I'm on record as saying that if the majority want the tourney held at Montgomery County, that's fine with me. I don't pretend to speak for Mason County, but it's pretty clear from their scheduling that they will play anybody anywhere. However, if the tourney turns out to be a disaster like the last time it was held away from the Fieldhouse, it may take another 30+ years before there is agreement to do so again.

 

What about the original topic? I really don't like the idea of playing first-round regional games at the district winner sites. Takes away from the atmosphere of a regional tournament, in my opinion.

We have the discussion regarding the 10th at The Fieldhouse every year. Dead horse. The ADs will do what they will do and they probably won't be asking us for our opinions. I'm on record as saying that if the majority want the tourney held at Montgomery County, that's fine with me. I don't pretend to speak for Mason County, but it's pretty clear from their scheduling that they will play anybody anywhere. However, if the tourney turns out to be a disaster like the last time it was held away from the Fieldhouse, it may take another 30+ years before there is agreement to do so again.

 

What about the original topic? I really don't like the idea of playing first-round regional games at the district winner sites. Takes away from the atmosphere of a regional tournament, in my opinion.

:thumb:

I hope this does not happen. I have no problems with the rest of it, but I do enjoy going to the Fieldhouse.

However, if the tourney turns out to be a disaster like the last time it was held away from the Fieldhouse, it may take another 30+ years before there is agreement to do so again.
What was the "disaster?"

Hundreds if not more people not able to watch; not enough seating.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.