Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals offseason needs

Featured Replies

  • Author

From Lance's blog

 

Bengals back at it?

Profootballtalk.com

ANOTHER TURD FOR THE BENGALS?

Undeterred (or is it undeturd?) by the arrests of eight players this year, the Cincinnati Bengals worked out on Wednesday former Iowa State defensive end Jason Berryman.

Berryman was not selected in the 2006 supplemental draft. He missed the entire 2004 season while serving 258 days in jail for theft and assault convictions.

Though Berryman has not yet been signed, why would the Bengals even sniff around someone with a history of incarceration, given the stream of embarrassments that the franchise has faced this season?

Clearly, coach Marvin Lewis has decided that talent trumps turdishness, and it looks like he'll continue to risk further tarnish to the team's reputation if, in the end, his troubled players might help to deliver a shining silver trophy.

 

PS

Per Mark Curnutte, the Bengals worked this guy out earlier in the season

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2006/10/bengals-audition-several-players-and.asp

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Profootballtalk.com

Say no more...

  • Author
Say no more...

I know nothing about this link but from the tone of your post I take it is not too credible?

I know nothing about this link but from the tone of your post I take it is not too credible?

They have taken the locker room issue from the playoff game and ran with it for 12 months. They were also at the front of reporting that Carson tore his rotator cuff against Indy. Just a site looking to make a name IMO...

  • Author
They have taken the locker room issue from the playoff game and ran with it for 12 months. They were also at the front of reporting that Carson tore his rotator cuff against Indy. Just a site looking to make a name IMO...

And yet Kitna (the source??) is gone and Carson has one of his worse games ever.:sssh:

And yet Kitna (the source??) is gone and Carson has one of his worse games ever.:sssh:

While Kitna had a very good game and still lost (for the 13th time)... ;)

The schedule helps alot next season. We could use a good underneath target at Tight End. I think the key is the Offensive Line. I would do everything to resign Steinbach and Smith. I would send Henry, Thurman and the rest of the orange jumpsuit crowd packing if I could. They are not the big playmakers anyway, they have just been a major distraction to those who are!

Smith will not be back next year and for those that want to keep him. Your crazy.

They are not the big playmakers anyway, they have just been a major distraction to those who are!

Major distraction? Yes.

 

Big play maker? Yes.

Smith will not be back next year and for those that want to keep him. Your crazy.

I agree. Steinbach stays. Move him to center and Whit to guard.

CB has to be addressed. Joseph starts, but James or O'neal won't cut it on the other side.

LB is thin. 50 Brooks what happened to him?

WR is OK

RB. a decision must be made on Cris Perry. If he is not the guy. a fast turn the corner, 3rd down back is needed.

DL. If Smith goes they need help here also.

QB. OK

Safety. OK

Longsnapper? Might be time to look there. St Louis has been doing it for a long time.

Schedule looks to be a little easier next year. I believe with some tweaking Bengals are back in playoffs next year. Maybe.

I say you should always use a first day pick on a cornerback (and maybe a safety). They are nearly impossible to get in free agency for any price...

 

Another first day pick should always be spent on the OL. Build a good OL and even a mediocre running back can go to the pro bowl (it's much more pricier and riskier to try having a great rb and a mediocre OL)...

 

IMO last years draft for the Bengals was incredible picking up Joseph in the first and Whitworth in the second. It wasn't the most exciting thing on draft day, but where would be this season without those two?

On the LB side, so many of the great teams seem to have an LB that makes game changing plays. I see none of the Bengals LB's developing into that role unless it is Brooks (in a couple of seasons). They are serviceable but that is the best they are.

 

I agree. I have not been a Brian Simmons fan for, well, ever. He has consistently overrun plays his whole career, is suspect in pass coverage, and cannot get off of blocks once engaged. Jeanty is not fast enough to hang with top TE's if he's going to continue playing strong side. I like Landon Johnson and Caleb Miller. I believet that they need to find a middle linebacker in free agency, if there is one, and keep what they have. Simmons is a good LB for depth, but should not start. Miller is a good back-up LB since he can play all three positions, I just don't think that he has the size to play a whole year injury free as a starter. He gives excellent depth.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.