Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals offseason needs

Featured Replies

They should have about 30 million in cap space with Steinbach, Smith, James, Thurman and likely Pollack off the books...

Thurman will become a mega-star somewhere else and 75% of Bengal fans will bemoan them not giving him a 3rd chance. Write that down. :p

 

P.S. -- I'll be in the 25% that are okay with them FINALLY making a stand on a guy.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thurman will become a mega-star somewhere else and 75% of Bengal fans will bemoan them not giving him a 3rd chance. Write that down. :p

 

P.S. -- I'll be in the 25% that are okay with them FINALLY making a stand on a guy.

:thumb: :thumb:

 

Odell in silver and black???

:thumb: :thumb:

 

Odell in silver and black???

If I was a betting man, I'd go with Black and Gold or Purple and Black.

  • Author
If I was a betting man, I'd go with Black and Gold or Purple and Black.

Talk about turning a dagger in the back of every Bengal fan.

Talk about turning a dagger in the back of every Bengal fan.

Wait and see...

Wait and see...

Purple and black would seem most likely...

Purple and black would seem most likely...

Him under Ray Ray's wing should frighten every Bengal fan (and Atlanta night-club goer) to their core.

Him under Ray Ray's wing should frighten every Bengal fan (and Atlanta night-club goer) to their core.

:thumb: :laugh: :cry: :scared:

Thurman will become a mega-star somewhere else and 75% of Bengal fans will bemoan them not giving him a 3rd chance. Write that down. :p

 

P.S. -- I'll be in the 25% that are okay with them FINALLY making a stand on a guy.

I guess my question is, why not a 3rd chance? We all know Odell is going to be a star in this league, I think that's fairly obvious. Chris Henry is getting 3rd, 4th, 5th chances..........so why not Odell? I just don't see how you treat one case differently than the other.............both of them are idiots, of that I am sure.

  • Author
I guess my question is, why not a 3rd chance? We all know Odell is going to be a star in this league, I think that's fairly obvious. Chris Henry is getting 3rd, 4th, 5th chances..........so why not Odell? I just don't see how you treat one case differently than the other.............both of them are idiots, of that I am sure.

What if they see Odell's as a physical addiction that they believe he won't overcome and will always be succumbing to while Henry's is just immature stupidity that they believe he will grow out of.

 

I know I did some extremely dumb things when I was his age that I grew out of and have no desire for anymore.

Him under Ray Ray's wing should frighten every Bengal fan (and Atlanta night-club goer) to their core.

And since you mentioned Ray-Ray........look at all the trouble he got into his first few years in the league. If I remember correctly, several arrests and of course the infamous stabbing incident. You can't win with a team full of choir boys..............

 

BTW, I am by NO means an Odell apologist, the kid made his bed and now he must lie in it. Personally, I'd have liked to see these types of indiscretions dealt with in the same manner across the board. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if they cut both of them back in the preseason.

OR22, I need to make this point: if I was pulling the strings Henry would be gone and Odell would be back. Just my opinion because I think Odell has an issue that he needs help with, Henry is just a bad guy. Sort of LBBC's point, but exactly opposite.

 

That being said, I don't think he'll be back for this point: he is on a 4 game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy and gets an ugly and public DUI. Not good at all.

What if they see Odell's as a physical addiction that they believe he won't overcome and will always be succumbing to while Henry's is just immature stupidity that they believe he will grow out of.

 

I know I did some extremely dumb things when I was his age that I grew out of and have no desire for anymore.

How much rope do you give a guy to hang himself with? And so I'm clear, Odell misses(not fails) a drug test, has another issue regarding reporting on time, and the drinking issue. Chris Henry waves guns, pukes out of cars, buys alcohol for teenage girls.........and you want to excuse one and not the other? Please explain........

 

IMO BOTH are immature acts by two very immature players. Either excuse both players or reprimand both in the same manner.

OR22, I need to make this point: if I was pulling the strings Henry would be gone and Odell would be back. Just my opinion because I think Odell has an issue that he needs help with, Henry is just a bad guy. Sort of LBBC's point, but exactly opposite.

 

That being said, I don't think he'll be back for this point: he is on a 4 game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy and gets an ugly and public DUI. Not good at all.

Then I'm with you 100%. I don't think there is a cure for "idiot", but maybe they can help Odell with his drug problem. These exact words were said to me during my time playing college ball, "The more talent you have, the more chances you get." I, obviously, am no Chris Henry fan. I don't think he's all that great, and I hate the effort he displays. I think Odell has phenomenal talent, and is a young kid whose made some mistakes and maybe needs some help.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.