Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals offseason needs

Featured Replies

With not being overly excited at the possibility of the Raiders winning over the Jets, I was wondering today what positions needs to be the focus of the Bengals. Also, ironic isn't it that 365 days ago, everyone was going on about how the Bengals HAD to draft/sign a tight end over the offseason, they didn't and now that is the least of the Bengals needs.

 

1. LB Too many losses in that area this season through stupidity and injuries

2. DL Need a player and that doesn't include the possibility of losing Smith.

3. Cornerback. 'nuff said.

4. OL This season showed that you can never have enough quality OL and with the possible loss of Steinbech, they need more depth to give Carson time and open holes for Rudi.

5. A quick RB. Heard today that Rudi's long is 22-yards. When was the last time the Bengals had a 40-yard run? They need a change of pace. Thought they had it with Perry but do you go into the season hoping this will be the season he stays healthy.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you hit the nail on the head in all areas. I hope we don't end up like the Colts and not have enough money to get anyone on D.

I don't think LB is really that huge of a hole. Maybe some depth, but I'd think you did that with all the PT the young guys got this year. Barring an exceptional playmaking LB(much like Odell his first year), I don't see that as a "need".

 

1. Someone, anyone, who can get to the QB from a DL spot.......and quickly.

2. Some more athleticism in the defensive backfield.

3. A new center, provided Ben Wilkerson isn't the answer. Because I'm quite sure that Ghiachuc isn't..........

3. IF Steinbach leaves then possibly some depth at G. Honestly though, how many teams have a G and T that can come in and play well as backups like Whitworth and Andrews did?

 

Bottom line is that while sure everyone would like the next Reggie Bush/Vince Young, etc. etc. on their team, for the most part, you have to win with what you have. The question then becomes, are the core Bengals good enough?

And i'm a season ticket holder.:D

As am I........

Steven Jackson looks good. Oh, I'm a few drafts late with that one. Tons of question marks but most are still on defense. I think resigning Smith is top priority, followed by LB/CB/DT

Steven Jackson looks good. Oh, I'm a few drafts late with that one. Tons of question marks but most are still on defense. I think resigning Smith is top priority, followed by LB/CB/DT

Smith is gone.

Smith is gone.

 

I don't think so, they will let Steinbach walk but JS will be back, they can't afford to let their best run stopper go.

  • Author
Designated Drivers...

 

While you joke, there was a report in one of the medias in Cincy that they have a driver's system setup for ANY Bengal player to call if they get to intoxicated and need a ride. And those that have received DUI's have chosen to ignore the system offered to them by the team.

  • Author
I don't think LB is really that huge of a hole. Maybe some depth, but I'd think you did that with all the PT the young guys got this year. Barring an exceptional playmaking LB(much like Odell his first year), I don't see that as a "need".

 

1. Someone, anyone, who can get to the QB from a DL spot.......and quickly.

2. Some more athleticism in the defensive backfield.

3. A new center, provided Ben Wilkerson isn't the answer. Because I'm quite sure that Ghiachuc isn't..........

3. IF Steinbach leaves then possibly some depth at G. Honestly though, how many teams have a G and T that can come in and play well as backups like Whitworth and Andrews did?

 

Bottom line is that while sure everyone would like the next Reggie Bush/Vince Young, etc. etc. on their team, for the most part, you have to win with what you have. The question then becomes, are the core Bengals good enough?

On the LB side, so many of the great teams seem to have an LB that makes game changing plays. I see none of the Bengals LB's developing into that role unless it is Brooks (in a couple of seasons). They are serviceable but that is the best they are.

 

With Whitworth moving into the starting lineup and a possible replacement for Steinbach, you could make a case for depth on the OL being a #1 or #2 need based upon the experiences they had this year. You can't have all that money tied up in Palmer and no line to give him protection to throw downfield or open up holes for Rudi. Keeping that as the STRENGTH OF THE OFFENSE arguably is as important as getting a pass rusher on the defensive side.

Smith is gone.

Agreed.

 

As Bengal fans, do you really want to mortgage the ranch to sign a guy that is coincidentally having his best year in his walk year? Love his motor, but he isn't a guy I'd break the bank for. IMHO.

  • Author
Agreed.

 

As Bengal fans, do you really want to mortgage the ranch to sign a guy that is coincidentally having his best year in his walk year? Love his motor, but he isn't a guy I'd break the bank for. IMHO.

I concur.

 

For the price he will be seeking and the results the Bengals defense has shown with him ON THE FIELD, I don't see how you can pay him. He goes to a line that already has an outstanding lineman and he could have a monster year, but not sure he can be the man on the DL.

They should have about 30 million in cap space with Steinbach, Smith, James, Thurman and likely Pollack off the books...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.