Our Reds!!

On 9/24/2021 at 9:39 AM, Voice of Reason said:

Baseball has been played since 1869 - for 152 years. The Big Red Machine is considered one of the greatest teams in 152 years of baseball. That appears to be your expectation for the Reds. I am sorry to tell you that you will be disappointed every year for the rest of your life because a Reds team like that isn't happening again in your lifetime.

Actually not at all.  All I want is a quality Major League Baseball product.  I want Major League quality players playing the game and making plays.  I want some stability on the roster.  I want an identifiable nucleus to the team.  I want pitchers who don't walk or hit half of the batters they face, and pitchers than can go more than one inning at a time in relief.  I want to be able to relate to the players on the team, and I want to feel that they have some allegiance to the city in which they play.  I don't want players called up from Louisville inserted into the lineup in front of veterans, and I prefer that our veterans be productive MLB players instead of slugs watering down our product.  I want radio/TV announcers who don't try to over-dramatize every play, and over-hype every player and play regardless of how bad they might be, and make excuses for sub-standard play.  Just call the game. The fans can draw their own conclusions.  

Unfortunately, the quality of play has deteriorated to where our present MLB players can't make routine plays.  Teams like Washington and Pittsburgh are pathetic.  Their pitching is inept.  Our batting averages are inflated because of playing inferior competition, AND when we get beat 8 series in a row to bad teams, What does that say about the Reds???  I've said from Day One, that the Reds are a ruderless ship and stand by that declaration.  

I don't want a rebirth of the Big Red Machine, I merely want a team that plays Major League quality baseball and that their opponents do the same.  Nothing more, Nothing less.  That's sure not what we are getting.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Actually not at all.  All I want is a quality Major League Baseball product.  I want Major League quality players playing the game and making plays.  I want some stability on the roster.  I want an identifiable nucleus to the team.  I want pitchers who don't walk or hit half of the batters they face, and pitchers than can go more than one inning at a time in relief.  I want to be able to relate to the players on the team, and I want to feel that they have some allegiance to the city in which they play.  I don't want players called up from Louisville inserted into the lineup in front of veterans, and I prefer that our veterans be productive MLB players instead of slugs watering down our product.  I want radio/TV announcers who don't try to over-dramatize every play, and over-hype every player and play regardless of how bad they might be, and make excuses for sub-standard play.  Just call the game. The fans can draw their own conclusions.  

Unfortunately, the quality of play has deteriorated to where our present MLB players can't make routine plays.  Teams like Washington and Pittsburgh are pathetic.  Their pitching is inept.  Our batting averages are inflated because of playing inferior competition, AND when we get beat 8 series in a row to bad teams, What does that say about the Reds???  I've said from Day One, that the Reds are a ruderless ship and stand by that declaration.  

I don't want a rebirth of the Big Red Machine, I merely want a team that plays Major League quality baseball and that their opponents do the same.  Nothing more, Nothing less.  That's sure not what we are getting.

Se the thread about the collective bargaining agreement. If you want more balanced competition and stability on rosters, that is how it gets fixed. It will never be like it was before free agency but it can be better than it is.

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Se the thread about the collective bargaining agreement. If you want more balanced competition and stability on rosters, that is how it gets fixed. It will never be like it was before free agency but it can be better than it is.

I know nothing about such things, so I will defer to those of you in a better postion to discuss such things to do so.  Right now the problem is that we have too many teams and too many players, which has made our old minor league baseball our new major league baseball, and its a BAD product.

I do hope that working out the money, provides for a more level playing field and a more competitive balance among teams.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Start off a chance to end the season strong by giving up an 8 spot to the Pirates in the bottom of 8.  At least they can't have a losing season.

The Pirates???  The same Pirates who finished 35 games out of first place, and 22 games behind our vaunted Reds???

On 10/2/2021 at 11:11 PM, Jack of all Trades said:

San Diego is likely to fire their manager for their late season collapse, but our Reds give David Bell an extension for the collapse he orchestrated.  Go figure.

Couldn’t agree more, win 1 of the last 11 or 12 series against the 2nd easiest schedule in MLB after being in the wild card lead!!!  What would they have done if we had made the playoffs???  Give him a percentage of the team??!!!

• Like 1