Our Reds!!

This whole Wild Card playoff chase is a sham from the get-go.  The Dodgers/SanFran are 14 games ahead in the race for one of the two Wild Card spots with the other winning their division outright.  Whoever the other team is, out of respect, and common dignity should concede the Dogers/SanFran the WildCard game.

If anyone thinks the Reds are going to go to the West Coast and beat one of these teams with a spot in the playoffs on the line, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona that you might be interested in.  I do, however, think that a one game, win or go home situation is grossly unfair to the west coast team who is 14 games ahead of our Reds and whichever other losers are competing for the privilege of getting beat and sent to the off-season.

Our talking head/media have been heralding this great Wild Card thing since the All-Star break.  John Sadak even had the audacity to talk about rings and the Reds in the same sentence.  Barry Larkin at least had an honest implosion after falling to the Tigers Sunday.

We are supposed to be in a Playoff race, yet we are still marching Brach and Garrett out there, and tell me, what has Cabrara, DeShields, and Schrock done to deserve blue chip time???  Aquino and Moustakas are dead weight, yet they too, are in the everyday lineup.  Why do we lose to sub .500 teams??? Because when we play these slugs, we are no better than our miserable opponents.   I hope Chicago buries them, and we put an end to this Playoff/WildCard nonsense.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mustang said:

This whole Wild Card playoff chase is a sham from the get-go.  The Dodgers/SanFran are 14 games ahead in the race for one of the two Wild Card spots with the other winning their division outright.  Whoever the other team is, out of respect, and common dignity should concede the Dogers/SanFran the WildCard game.

If anyone thinks the Reds are going to go to the West Coast and beat one of these teams with a spot in the playoffs on the line, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona that you might be interested in.  I do, however, think that a one game, win or go home situation is grossly unfair to the west coast team who is 14 games ahead of our Reds and whichever other losers are competing for the privilege of getting beat and sent to the off-season.

Our talking head/media have been heralding this great Wild Card thing since the All-Star break.  John Sadak even had the audacity to talk about rings and the Reds in the same sentence.  Barry Larkin at least had an honest implosion after falling to the Tigers Sunday.

We are supposed to be in a Playoff race, yet we are still marching Brach and Garrett out there, and tell me, what has Cabrara, DeShields, and Schrock done to deserve blue chip time???  Aquino and Moustakas are dead weight, yet they too, are in the everyday lineup.  Why do we lose to sub .500 teams??? Because when we play these slugs, we are no better than our miserable opponents.   I hope Chicago buries them, and we put an end to this Playoff/WildCard nonsense.  

You’re getting your wish so far with the Cubs burying them, the collapse continues!!  Cabrara having a nice game at 1st!!  This team is turning into a dumpster fire!!

Honestly think when we made some acquisitions here recently, and ran out some of these lineups it really made these players upset.  I do not blame them at all.  We are 12 games over at the time, and playing well.  Professional players no a BUM when they see one, anyone knows that Greene, Lopez and Berrero should be here.  They know when a  manager is clueless.  Frustration has set in and they are not going to get in, falls on a lot of different folks shoulders.  Bell and the front office have hurt this team.  Players as well, Moose, Senzel hurt, Shogo, Suarez, all not very good.  WInker getting hurt has made a gigantic hole in the lineup.  How bad does you manager have to be to not know how to get Ian Happ out for the Cubs or where to pitch him. He is like 17-40 against the Reds this season with 8 of his 20 HR.  He is batting 220 for the season, and if it was not for the Reds he would be batting under 200.  You think that is pitchers missing or not scouting?  What about starting a guy at first base that is terrible, old and done, him making an error in the first inning and it costing us the game?  Bell is awful, makes terrible decisions in game,  terrible line ups, and if I was a player like Castellanos I would not sign with this team, if Bell returns.  I am tired of people saying he has done a good job, if you think so you do not know baseball!

• Like 2

Let me counter a bit here.  Lopez and Barrero do not belong here.  They still need more seasoning.  The bullpen acquisitions have proved solid.  However, running Brad Brach out there in a tie must win game is not the answer.  Guy needs to go.  If guys are not available, like Sims, then maybe you bring up Hunter Greene for spit innings here and there.  You know a team is not real good when you pick up a guy who has not played in the majors all year and he plays almost every day.  The result is Shogo has been relegated to pinch runner if even that.  With all of this said and done, they still have chance to make playoffs where anything can happen in a short series.  This is much better than being 20 games below .500 every year.

Lopez is a over 300 average the last two seasons in triple A, did not think he played bad when he was here, I do think he belongs, I like him a ton, he may not hit a lot of HR but he gets on base.  Barrero could very well be the best SS in Triple A this year, I think he would produce more than Mosse and Suarez, moving Farmer to third would kind of make more sense.   You have to give those guys a chance this time of year, we have played Aquino, Shogo, Suarez, a whole season and we see what they are.  Bullpen guys that we acquired I do like, our starting pitching has been solid, not great, but definitely good enough.

How bad does this team have to get before we can stop this "playoff" insanity???

It speaks volumes about how flawed the "playoff" system is, that a team that is over 15 games behind the other "playoff" candidate, can still be in consideration.  The only ones who give a rats patoot about this "playoff" race are the Cincinnati fans who are being sold a pig in a poke.  These guys want this season to be over so they can get on with their post-season lives. 

The revolving door roster and lineup has killed this team.  How many different players have washed through this roster now, and how can the "veterans" feel about having guys play in front of them, whose basic qualifications are that they just got off of the bus from Louisville???   

You talk about sad.  We are looking right down the barrel of it. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Again, this has to a top 5 all time choke!!!!  Couldn’t beat the Cubs and Tigers and now we’re adding the Pirates to that list!!!!          
Cabrera, what a pickup, has he been on base yet??? 

0-17.  Tonight’s lineup included 4 guys batting under .200 including the pitcher.  That isn’t going to win.

• Like 1