BGP QOTD: What's the dumbest thing you got in trouble for in school?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

Gotcha and I have had the paddle taken to me too, it gets you straightened up and flying right for sure!

The teachers claimed they were working on their softball swings!  Forty-two years later, in retrospect, I can say that I deserved all of it.  Most of the time, I was a good kid.  But I had my moments.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nkypete said:

The teachers claimed they were working on their softball swings!  Forty-two years later, in retrospect, I can say that I deserved all of it.  Most of the time, I was a good kid.  But I had my moments.

Me too, I deserved what I got and that is a good thing. 

• Like 1

In middle school, I forged my mother's signature in a document.   Which went unnoticed for several weeks until parent teacher conferences when my mom couldn't recall signing said document about my progress reports.  The dumb part, me not realizing my own mother capitalized two different letters in her first name.   At the time I couldn't understand how she was so confident she hadn't signed the paper.

• Haha 1

Received my only detention ever from my Spanish 3 teacher. As it was a more advanced Spanish class, we weren’t allowed to speak any English. The teacher made the mistake of telling us we could say whatever we wanted as long as it was in Spanish. I thought it would be funny if I learned a few of the curse words in Spanish. I waited for the perfect moment, and dropped a few choice words (the harmless ones..no Spanish “f” bombs or anything). Turns out the teacher really didn’t mean you could anything you wanted..there were restrictions. Got kicked out of class, sent to the office to get my punishment. The asst principal  (who went to high school with my dad) did think it was kind of funny, but gave me 2 days of detention to appease the teacher. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2021 at 4:34 PM, theguru said:

Please tell us about one of the times you never got caught. 

Well, sneaking up into the Bell Tower was a senior rite of passage.  I snuck out and went out for lunch a couple of times.  Worst thing I ever did (and I still feel bad about it), was sneaking into an empty classroom with a classmate and changing some grades in a grade book.  Back then classrooms were never locked and everything was out in the open. Oddly enough, I had an A in that class so I had no reason to do it except for the danger element.

Most of my bad girl things happened on the weekend.  

• Thanks 1

There was the time I got suspended for skipping school. I remember a month later when I was "sick" on a Wednesday and felt better on Thursday. Mr. Coleman said that if I skipped Friday "don't bother coming on Monday." I thought "Woo-HOO! 4-day weekend!!"

I always wore hats as a kid and still do a lot of the time. I think I was in 6th grade and came to school  wearing a hat. It was before school started so we were all just sitting in the bleachers in the gym just waiting for school to start. The assistant principal came in and told me to take the hat off. For whatever reason I wasn’t having it and just ignored the request. He asked me again for the 2nd time and again I ignored the request. 3rd time he walked up the bleachers, took my hat off of my head and gave me detention after school that day. To this day, I still think he was just being a jerk. 

The worst though was when I was in 8th grade, we had some free time so we were just messing around. One of my buddies and I were in the back of the room doing whatever and I pretended to slap him across the face with my right hand and slapped my thigh with my left hand to make the “slap” sound. The teacher thought I legit slapped him and my buddy, thinking it was hilarious, played in to it and never told her it was a joke. I got in school suspension the next day. 

• Like 1

I'll tell you one that I didn't get in trouble for but was definitely involved in. It was my junior year, last week of school. Our school building had windows that went almost to the ground. You could sit in the window sill, hang outside the window, and look into the next door classroom. A bunch of us are hanging out in the French class. One of my best friends (great guy who is now a Baptist minister) has a red Gatorade. Another friend (who is NOT a Baptist minister) has a water gun. While my buddy isn't looking, the other loads the red Gatorade into his water gun. He then hangs out the window into the next room (computer class) and shoots the teacher with the red Gatorade. About fifteen seconds later she storms into our room, wearing a white dress that is now very red, and yells "who did this?!" The only person with a red Gatorade was my good friend. She hauls him to the principal's office - her husband was the principal! - and none of us ever stood up for him. I regret not being a good friend and sticking up for him but I had a hard time keeping from laughing at the entire situation.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I'll tell you one that I didn't get in trouble for but was definitely involved in. It was my junior year, last week of school. Our school building had windows that went almost to the ground. You could sit in the window sill, hang outside the window, and look into the next door classroom. A bunch of us are hanging out in the French class. One of my best friends (great guy who is now a Baptist minister) has a red Gatorade. Another friend (who is NOT a Baptist minister) has a water gun. While my buddy isn't looking, the other loads the red Gatorade into his water gun. He then hangs out the window into the next room (computer class) and shoots the teacher with the red Gatorade. About fifteen seconds later she storms into our room, wearing a white dress that is now very red, and yells "who did this?!" The only person with a red Gatorade was my good friend. She hauls him to the principal's office - her husband was the principal! - and none of us ever stood up for him. I regret not being a good friend and sticking up for him but I had a hard time keeping from laughing at the entire situation.

I would say your friend “manned up” by not turning you  in.  Thank goodness he gave up his life of crime to be a minister!

• Haha 1

Freshman Year:

During Health class, first semester, our health teacher told us that in PE, in the past, the guys that didn't take a shower,  got thrown in the shower. 

May of our freshman year, PE class, we start throwing guys in the shower, in their clothes.  One day, one of those guys grabs a pipe so we can't throw him in the shower. Pipe comes down, busts open,  water everywhere. Floods the lockerroom. Graduation is only a few days away. We get called to the Principal's office and we are in there with our Health/PE teacher. Principal was not real happy with Graduation in the gym and just a few days away. Our teacher tells the Principal, "I told these boys not to be throwing people in the shower."  🙂

We came in on a Saturday to clean it up. That was our punishment.

Let's see, where do I begin?  

1.  Study hall was in our cafeteria.  The Wrestling Coach was in charge.  He allowed students to get a coke from the machine that dropped down a paper cup and shot a mix of soda water and syrup into the cup.  I sat at a table full of ornery boys.  When his back was turned we would try to stomp on the cup to make a bang.  I tried it from a seated position about three times and they all were duds.  Someone gave me another empty cup so the fourth time I stood up and stomped really hard.  There was an explosion of sound that echoed throughout the cafeteria.  The Coach came purposely towards our table saying through clenched teeth, "Who did it?  Who did it?"  We all just sat there looking straight ahead.  Nobody would have told on me but Coach wasn't giving up.  So, I fessed up.  He said, "Okay.  You made a bang, now you're gonna get one!  Meet me after school in the Principal's office."  That was a loooong afternoon.  When the last bell rang I made my way to the Principal's office met by Mr. Mowry.  He had me place my hands on the seat of a chair and he gave me a couple of firm wacks.  I made it to my bus before it left and I recall sitting down rather gingerly.  Mr. Mowry was my wrestling coach.  He told me later he had to do something because that was a table full or ornery boys.  I was part of Mr. Mowry's wrestling team that won 50 duel meets in a row over several seasons, which was then a record in the state of Ohio.  He showed no favoritism.  

• Like 2

2.  I was a freshman.  I had some caps that were made to be thrown.  They had like a BB in the end so that when they landed on a hard surface the cap would go off.  I had Mrs. Sander's science class after lunch.  She was usually a little clueless, but not this day.  Just before class I was out in the hall and I threw one of the caps down the hall (actually several).  Mrs. Sanders hadn't been in the class yet.  Unfortunately, she was on her way and saw me throw the cap.  When I saw her coming I went in the class quick and sat down trying to pretend that nothing had happened.  She grabbed me by the upper arm and in spite of my protests took me down to the Principal's office.  I asked her to let me stop by my locker on the way but she would not.  You see, I had a small box of Swisher Sweets in my back pocket which I got at lunch.  We were allowed to leave the school.  I knew if I were to get a wack, I would have to empty my back pockets.  The Principal, Mr. Moeller, had me sit down in his office.  Then, unexpectedly, he excused himself and left.  I couldn't believe my luck.  I quickly took out the pack of cigars and stashed them in the bottom of his trash can.  Mr. Moeller came back in and sat down in his chair.  Then, inexplicably, he started to search through his trash can!  I was sweating bullets.  If he saw the pack of Swisher Sweets in there he didn't pull them out and he didn't say anything about it.  But he did proceed to tell me that those caps had become a problem and he demanded to know where I got them.  I wouldn't tell him.  I think he assumed some student was making them.  I actually bought them at the local department store.  My Mom was with me.  Any way, he saw it was futile to get me to divulge my source.  I don't know why I felt some code of ethic to not tell on the Department store.  But any way, true to Mr. Moeller's reputation, he got out his paddle and let me have it.  He had a pretty solid swing.  I took my lumps and went back to class.    

• Like 2