14. Madison Central
15. North Laurel
16. Beechwood
17. Frederick Douglass
18. Rowan County
19. Trinity
20. Lyon County

• theguru changed the title to Rankings (1/11) Discussion Thread

Seneca, North Oldham, and DeSales are notable absences.

South Laurel is the other team I'd consider strongly.

The trick is who to remove.   Lyon County?   Truthfully, I only know the Lions' scores - but am not familiar enough with their opposition to date to evaluate.  Trinity?   The win over Bardstown, was, in my opinion a solid qualifying win right now.   Who to remove is always the real trick.   

Since Seneca and North Oldham haven't played yet, I guess you can't them in the top 20 yet based strictly on expectations (unlike Male and Ballard, who are "slam dunks" despite having not yet played).   DeSales' most impressive game is actually a loss (to Etown by 3).    South Laurel might be the one of the four I'm considering that has the best argument as the Cardinals are undefeated and beat Trinity.

• Like 1

I listened to Dr. Polio, JCPS Superintendent, on the radio this morning.  He said there is another JCPS Board meeting a week from today.  It sounded like they would be voting on what to do with winter sports in JCPS and the possibility of having no winter sports for JCPS was a possibility.  Wow!  I hate that for the kids if it turns out that way.  It may come down to another 4-3 vote.  We will see.

4 hours ago, Purple88 said:

I listened to Dr. Polio, JCPS Superintendent, on the radio this morning.  He said there is another JCPS Board meeting a week from today.  It sounded like they would be voting on what to do with winter sports in JCPS and the possibility of having no winter sports for JCPS was a possibility.  Wow!  I hate that for the kids if it turns out that way.  It may come down to another 4-3 vote.  We will see.

If they vote to cancel season, there maybe people with pitch forks outside JCPS building. I don’t think they will cancel because they know the blow back they will receive.

13 hours ago, Bluesport said:

Glad to see St. Henry getting their due respect.

Like you, I was on SHDHS should have been ranked at the outset, but this feels like the pendulum swinging too far.  To be honest.  

I think CovCath is a Top 5 team, I think Highlands and St. Henry are in that 12-16 range, and I still wouldn't have Beechwood in the Top 20.  

My pair of pennies.

• Like 2

Ashland likely isn't a top 20 team at the moment but I do believe that they will get there and be in the hunt come tournament time. The offense and ball movement just isn't there yet, but I expected that to be the case early in the season.

37 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Like you, I was on SHDHS should have been ranked at the outset, but this feels like the pendulum swinging too far.  To be honest.  

I think CovCath is a Top 5 team, I think Highlands and St. Henry are in that 12-16 range, and I still wouldn't have Beechwood in the Top 20.  

My pair of pennies.

I agree 100% with that.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 10:22 PM, ColonelMike said:

Seneca, North Oldham, and DeSales are notable absences.

South Laurel is the other team I'd consider strongly.

The trick is who to remove.   Lyon County?   Truthfully, I only know the Lions' scores - but am not familiar enough with their opposition to date to evaluate.  Trinity?   The win over Bardstown, was, in my opinion a solid qualifying win right now.   Who to remove is always the real trick.   

Since Seneca and North Oldham haven't played yet, I guess you can't them in the top 20 yet based strictly on expectations (unlike Male and Ballard, who are "slam dunks" despite having not yet played).   DeSales' most impressive game is actually a loss (to Etown by 3).    South Laurel might be the one of the four I'm considering that has the best argument as the Cardinals are undefeated and beat Trinity.

Lyon County is a young  team that has its best days ahead of them.  A few years back, the current freshman class steamrolled everyone at 6th grade MS state in Lexington.  Honestly, they probably would have won 7th grade state and had a very good chance to win 8th grade state with that 6th grade team.  They were that good.  I believe 3 of those freshmen start for them now.  Travis Perry is a nice player, without a doubt top 5 in his class.  I believe he already has 1,500 career varsity points (or close to it) heading into his freshman year of HS.  He's been starting since he was a 7th grader.