Nate Edmondson ruled Eligible

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad for the kid, as I understand the situtation.... but I am sure that this being his third move in three years, had to be why it took so long for him to become eligible.......

Where was he at befre he went to Holmes?? This is quiet common in College but you don't see it very often in HS, but sometimes situations occur were there are no other alternatives...Anyway good luck to him and hopfulley he will have a great season.

I'm happy that a senior in high school does not have to sit out his last year in b-ball regardless of the validity of claims made. Good for Nate.

I know there were claims made against Holmes and the environment. However, I'm not sure if Holmes High School simply decided to be nice and not defend itself (that's a distict possitibility) . Its a double-edged sword. If you're a Holmes "guy," you might not be happy because your school took a black eye without defending itself. On the other hand, you may be happy for the young man involved.

I'd be curious to see if Holmes fought back against any allegations made against it.

After the article in todays Cincinnati Enquirer about the audits of Holmes it might be difficult to make a case for Holmes to defend itself against any allegations regarding the academic & social enviroment.

After the article in todays Cincinnati Enquirer about the audits of Holmes it might be difficult to make a case for Holmes to defend itself against any allegations regarding the academic & social enviroment.

Holmes puts out top students like every other school. They're one of only a handful of schools that have the IB program. I also am 99.9% positive that academics did not suddenly become the issue for this young man and his family. I doubt since they've already had one son go through 4 years at Holmes and then with this kid there for 2 years that they are going to argue they were caught off guard.

As I said , I'm glad the youngster gets to play his senior year. I am just not buying the "it wasn't safe" argument that MAY (I stress that word) have been the crux of their argument.

Holmes puts out top students like every other school. They're one of only a handful of schools that have the IB program. I also am 99.9% positive that academics did not suddenly become the issue for this young man and his family. I doubt since they've already had one son go through 4 years at Holmes and then with this kid there for 2 years that they are going to argue they were caught off guard.

As I said , I'm glad the youngster gets to play his senior year. I am just not buying the "it wasn't safe" argument that MAY (I stress that word) have been the crux of their argument.

I think you should just stick to what you DO KNOW, which is very little .:irked: Let the kid be.

I think you should just stick to what you DO KNOW, which is very little .:irked: Let the kid be.

I'm in pretty good shape with what I know.

As I said, I'm happy that he gets the opportunity to play. I've always liked his effort on the floor. If anything, he would be being punished for the actions of adults who should know better and his long-term interest at the forefront of their decision-making.

I'm happy that a senior in high school does not have to sit out his last year in b-ball regardless of the validity of claims made. Good for Nate.

I know there were claims made against Holmes and the environment. However, I'm not sure if Holmes High School simply decided to be nice and not defend itself (that's a distict possitibility) . Its a double-edged sword. If you're a Holmes "guy," you might not be happy because your school took a black eye without defending itself. On the other hand, you may be happy for the young man involved.

I'd be curious to see if Holmes fought back against any allegations made against it.[/quote

They did try to fight it, but the truth finally came out, while Holmes does have alot of positives there are still alot of negatives. The right thing was done after being dragged out when it did not need to be. Good luck to Holmes and Gallatin this season, and lets let the matter rest.

Congrats to Nate for a successful debut. :thumb:

Dixie plays in the Gallatin County tourney next week and a lot of fans have been hoping Nate would be eligible to play. He's fun to watch... and it will be good to see him competing again.

I don't understand all the negativity about Nate's transfers. Mr. Mayo has transferred three times and USC doesn't have a problem with it. The NBA won't either. Why is it okay for a superstar, but not okay for a normal human being?

Nate got into the game with 5:10 left in the 1st quarter. He scored 12 points before halftime. In the 2nd half you could tell he was wearing down. He had only one practice (Thursday) with the team.

The Cats play 4 games in their Christmas tournament next week, so Nate should be to play his way back into basketball shape before the team heads to Phoenix after Christmas.

Congrats to Nate for a successful debut. :thumb:

Dixie plays in the Gallatin County tourney next week and a lot of fans have been hoping Nate would be eligible to play. He's fun to watch... and it will be good to see him competing again.

I don't understand all the negativity about Nate's transfers. Mr. Mayo has transferred three times and USC doesn't have a problem with it. The NBA won't either. Why is it okay for a superstar, but not okay for a normal human being?

Do you not read the threads about OJ??????