Georgia 14 Kentucky 3

16thBBall Fan

23 minutes ago, Bert said:

I agree.  It is obvious Gran is not yet confident in Gatewood yet to let him loose on some very average receivers.  If Gran had Gatewood passing frequently, UGA defenders probably would have destroyed UK.  Let Gatewood get his passing confidence built up against Vandy, NOT UGA.

Yeah I want to see Gatewood against Vandy to see what he looks like.  Making your first career start against a very good GA defense is rough.

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

To think Georgia could have Justin Fields at QB with that defense.  Assuming they’d start him.

They’d still probably start Stetson Bennett. Smart didn’t even recruit Fields as a QB. He was strictly there to run fake punts on 4th and 11. Haha 

• Like 1

I don’t believe Wilson or Gatewood are championship level QB’s. They can win games against lesser opponents but they don’t have the passing ability to win the big games. I would really look hard (at practice with reps) at Allen now and see what I have. 
I think UK has had very good defenses the last several years. I think the offensive scheme is not keeping up. 

3 hours ago, FootballBobcat said:

I don’t believe Wilson or Gatewood are championship level QB’s. They can win games against lesser opponents but they don’t have the passing ability to win the big games. I would really look hard (at practice with reps) at Allen now and see what I have. 
I think UK has had very good defenses the last several years. I think the offensive scheme is not keeping up. 

With Terry out. I have to believe as the #2, Allen is getting reps in practice this past week and will continue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Honest question (and I don’t mean this in a hateful way): what did you see from Gatewood today that makes you confident going forward?

And I’m talking more technical, so don’t answer with “Georgia has a great defense.”

No INT’s against the best D in the country who pretty much dominated UK’s “top ranked” line.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Honest question (and I don’t mean this in a hateful way): what did you see from Gatewood today that makes you confident going forward?

And I’m talking more technical, so don’t answer with “Georgia has a great defense.”

To be honest, not a whole lot but Terry isn't a world beater and Allen is just now getting reps so.....until Terry is back, who else would Gran start against Vandy?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Would have been nice to have at least tried to throw down field a couple times.

The only receiver I would feel comfortable such a green receiver throwing to is Ali but UGA did a great job covering him.  Maybe sneak the TE out once for a 15 yd pass to see what happens???

How about a go route with any receiver down two scores with less than 5 minutes to go instead of a 7 yard route in the middle of the field, shows zero confidence in quaterback and receiving core, and players do pick up on that, Gran and Stoops both are much to conservative.