JCPS Decision on fall sports

Maleman58

Does anyone else feel like this is the same deal as the Big Ten tried to pull kind of were big and bad and everyone else will follow but it didn’t work in college football and I doubt it’s going to work in Kentucky high school football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

You said teams with no cases are penalized because of the actions of others, so I said there's no way around that. 

Team A is scheduled to play Team B. Team A has cases, game is cancelled. Team B is "penalized." How do you get around that?

Got it. Agree.

My comment is if two JCPS schools have no cases, or a JCPS school is playing an out of district school that also has no cases, then those games should be allowed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Got it. Agree.

My comment is if two JCPS schools have no cases, or a JCPS school is playing an out of district school that also has no cases, then those games should be allowed.

Also agree. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Does anyone else feel like this is the same deal as the Big Ten tried to pull kind of were big and bad and everyone else will follow but it didn’t work in college football and I doubt it’s going to work in Kentucky high school football.

No. I think JCPS is hopeful that two weeks away might help reduce cases and lower the color from red. I have no idea if it will work, but in no way do I think they are trying to force the hand of the other 119 counties.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purple88 said:

I guess this sets the precedent that Winter and/or Spring sports will not be allowed to begin either (beyond practicing) until Jefferson County is below red.  There is always hope for a vaccine, but that seems to be murky waters as well.

3rd week of November going to be key on vaccine front. Pfizer plans to submit then if all continues to go well. They plan to have 100 million doses by end of year and 1 billion in 2021. Moderna couple weeks behind them. I think they will get basketball in somehow. I think will have full track season since KHSAA board member said that they want spring sports to have full season since were cancelled last year even if means pushing season back a month. Got my fingers crossed it will all work out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeReader said:

I wasn't sure if they had travel restrictions or anything like that. 

I don’t know of any. St.X had guys out due to quarantine last week and still played but no one on team was positive so that maybe the difference in why was able to play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

No. I think JCPS is hopeful that two weeks away might help reduce cases and lower the color from red. I have no idea if it will work, but in no way do I think they are trying to force the hand of the other 119 counties.

I doubt that’s going to happen there might be some counties that will drop from red but with Jefferson’s population I doubt it’s dropping from the red for a long time. The completely silly part of this is the private schools are still going to play so what are they really accomplishing.