JCPS Decision on fall sports

Maleman58

What does not playing a game accomplish? you can still practice, you can still play this weekend, you can still play if in the playoffs. What effect will this have? It just seems political to me, that they are doing something even if it doesn't reduce the risk just to say they did something. If it is truly about the safety of the kids and because Jeff is in the 'Red" they should shutdown immediately! All other decisions are for show! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

If this is because of the rates in Jefferson County, is it safe to assume this may be the end of fall sports for JCPS?

Perhaps the end of fall regular season sports if Jefferson County can't control the virus. If they are allowing postseason to continue, will that also be true for football in 3 weeks?

My complaint on this is football teams doing the right things with no virus cases are penalized by the conduct of others. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Perhaps the end of fall regular season sports if Jefferson County can't control the virus. If they are allowing postseason to continue, will that also be true for football in 3 weeks?

My complaint on this is football teams doing the right things with no virus cases are penalized by the conduct of others. 

There's no way around that. Either play and ignore the virus or take it serious and don't play. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

There's no way around that. Either play and ignore the virus or take it serious and don't play. 

Why is there no way around that? It seems pretty simple to me. If your program doesn't have any virus cases, play on. If you were program does have virus cases, then you have to cancel your game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Why is there no way around that? It seems pretty simple to me. If your program doesn't have any virus cases, play on. If you were program does have virus cases, then you have to cancel your game.

You said teams with no cases are penalized because of the actions of others, so I said there's no way around that. 

Team A is scheduled to play Team B. Team A has cases, game is cancelled. Team B is "penalized." How do you get around that?

18 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see anyway it goes back to orange any time soon. 

I guess this sets the precedent that Winter and/or Spring sports will not be allowed to begin either (beyond practicing) until Jefferson County is below red.  There is always hope for a vaccine, but that seems to be murky waters as well.

• Like 1