Dixie Heights at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Dixie Heights Colonels
    • Beechwood Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2020 at 11:00 PM

The Beechwood Tigers continue their large school march with a battle against their Dixie Highway 6A neighbor, the Dixie Heights Colonels.

Last Friday the Tigers battered the Ryle Raiders, another area 6A team. Beechwood's outstanding QB Cameron Hergott was on target all night completing 19 of 25 passes for 335 yards and two touchdowns. Hergott had two receivers, Mitchell Berger and Parker Mason, go over 100 yards and a third receiver, Brady Moore, added 5 receptions for 73 yards. 

Meanwhile, the Dixie Colonels picked up their first win of the year, 26-14 over Madison Central. Do not let their 1-2 record fool you though. The Colonels are a couple of touchdowns away from being undefeated on the year. Dixie has been led by their Junior QB Logan Landers. Landers picked up valuable experience as a starter his sophomore year, throwing for almost 1,500 yards.

Dixie has a 3 game winning streak over Beechwood including a 14-10 win last year. Both teams lost close games against Covington Catholic. Beechwood defeated Corbin in their season opener and Dixie lost a heartbreaker to Corbin in week two on a long last second touchdown pass. Looking at those common opponents, this game is up for grabs. Who wins and how do they get the victory?

image.png.f70a65d7a5b870bf319c30529efbdcf7.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KY Outsider said:

A great QB makes all the difference in the world. Beechwood has a great one, probably the best in NKY.

Beechwood does have arguably the best QB in NKY. Looks like Beechwood has issues keeping him protected though. They will face a much better defense this week. I'll take Dixie with a good QB and a really good defense in a low scoring game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hogstooth said:

Beechwood does have arguably the best QB in NKY. Looks like Beechwood has issues keeping him protected though. They will face a much better defense this week. I'll take Dixie with a good QB and a really good defense in a low scoring game.

The Ryle defensive line might be the best in NKY, they are big and physical.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hogstooth said:

Whose defense is better - Beechwood's or Dixie's?

46 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

So defense is close.

Whose offense is better?

This is one of the two reasons Beechwood will beat a much improved Dixie squad.

The Tiger offense, led by Cam Hergott, is more diverse/capable of putting up points in bunches than Dixie. Not throwing shade at Dixie...Landers is an impressive athlete and Rohlman/Hawkins/Sharp/McDaniel are excellent complementary parts, but Beechwood has a deeper, more experienced group of weapons led by receivers Brady Moore, Parker Mason, and Liam McCormack, backs Cole Stammer and Avery Courtney, and up and coming superstar ATH Mitchell Berger. That group, the depth of weapons, as you saw last week vs. Ryle is the reason Beechwood is looking strong so far this season despite the inexperienced line. 

The other reason...coaching. Beechwood holds the edge there.

Dixie played a great game last year against Beechwood. I would expect a similar outcome where it's a closer game for the first half, but then Beechwood pulls away in the second half. 

Beechwood 27, Dixie 14

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

The Beechwood Tigers continue their large school march with a battle against their Dixie Highway 6A neighbor, the Dixie Heights Colonels.

Last Friday the Tigers battered the Ryle Raiders, another area 6A team. Beechwood's outstanding QB Cameron Hergott was on target all night completing 19 of 25 passes for 335 yards and two touchdowns. Hergott had two receivers, Mitchell Berger and Parker Mason, go over 100 yards and a third receiver, Brady Moore, added 5 receptions for 73 yards. 

Meanwhile, the Dixie Colonels picked up their first win of the year, 26-14 over Madison Central. Do not let their 1-2 record fool you though. The Colonels are a couple of touchdowns away from being undefeated on the year. Dixie has been led by their Junior QB Logan Landers. Landers picked up valuable experience as a starter his sophomore year, throwing for almost 1,500 yards.

Dixie has a 3 game winning streak over Beechwood including a 14-10 win last year. Both teams lost close games against Covington Catholic. Beechwood defeated Corbin in their season opener and Dixie lost a heartbreaker to Corbin in week two on a long last second touchdown pass. Looking at those common opponents, this game is up for grabs. Who wins and how do they get the victory?

Beechwood won last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beechwood walked away with a win last year, and I think they will do it again this year. I see Hergott and the tigers come out firing on all cylinders as this is another huge test to show they are state championship capable! As long as BW do not try to over extend plays on offense and get in trouble with tackles for losses we will win this one by 8-10! 

6 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

This is one of the two reasons Beechwood will beat a much improved Dixie squad.

The Tiger offense, led by Cam Hergott, is more diverse/capable of putting up points in bunches than Dixie. Not throwing shade at Dixie...Landers is an impressive athlete and Rohlman/Hawkins/Sharp/McDaniel are excellent complementary parts, but Beechwood has a deeper, more experienced group of weapons led by receivers Brady Moore, Parker Mason, and Liam McCormack, backs Cole Stammer and Avery Courtney, and up and coming superstar ATH Mitchell Berger. That group, the depth of weapons, as you saw last week vs. Ryle is the reason Beechwood is looking strong so far this season despite the inexperienced line. 

The other reason...coaching. Beechwood holds the edge there.

Dixie played a great game last year against Beechwood. I would expect a similar outcome where it's a closer game for the first half, but then Beechwood pulls away in the second half. 

Beechwood 27, Dixie 14

You make some valid points. As for Coaching, BW has a slight edge no doubt. We agree Hergott is great. Beechwood has some weapons for him to throw to no doubt. But he will be facing a much better secondary and defense as a whole. To say those kids from Dixie you named are not experienced is a stretch, they all started last year and produced. I'd stack those weapons led by Hawkins who's now gained interest from (UC/Miami OH/Maryland) against most in NKY. Dixie also has a more experienced O-line anchored junior tackle Evan Wibberly. I just see it stacking up a bit different. The game will be within ten points and in my opinion, Dixie does just enough to eek it out.

• Thanks 1