Dixie Heights at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Dixie Heights Colonels
    • Beechwood Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2020 at 11:00 PM

1 hour ago, hogstooth said:

You make some valid points. As for Coaching, BW has a slight edge no doubt. We agree Hergott is great. Beechwood has some weapons for him to throw to no doubt. But he will be facing a much better secondary and defense as a whole. To say those kids from Dixie you named are not experienced is a stretch, they all started last year and produced. I'd stack those weapons led by Hawkins who's now gained interest from (UC/Miami OH/Maryland) against most in NKY. Dixie also has a more experienced O-line anchored junior tackle Evan Wibberly. I just see it stacking up a bit different. The game will be within ten points and in my opinion, Dixie does just enough to eek it out.

I see where your coming from here, and agree on most points. Key for me here will be in the trenches. Can Wibberly and crew enable Landers to excel?  Or will Slusher and crew enable Hergott to excel?  Both teams have good D’s and pretty even. My only worry for BW is the Ironman football Against another 6A school. If they can control line and pace Of game, I think BW wins. BW is loaded with athletes, and can match Dixie there. Move the chains Regularly and BW pulls Out another 6A win. If Dixie controls the clock, could be trouble. Either way it goes, gonna be a great game I’m sure. Lots of talent on both teams. Good luck to all, especially my boys Wibbs and Slush Pup!  

• Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 12:19 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Whose defense is better - Beechwood's or Dixie's?

Dixie is about to get their best defensive tackle back, in Ben Glasscock. He has not played the last couple games cause of injury. They are about to get a lot better on defense!!

On 9/28/2020 at 12:22 AM, Voice of Reason said:

The Beechwood Tigers continue their large school march with a battle against their Dixie Highway 6A neighbor, the Dixie Heights Colonels.

Last Friday the Tigers battered the Ryle Raiders, another area 6A team. Beechwood's outstanding QB Cameron Hergott was on target all night completing 19 of 25 passes for 335 yards and two touchdowns. Hergott had two receivers, Mitchell Berger and Parker Mason, go over 100 yards and a third receiver, Brady Moore, added 5 receptions for 73 yards. 

Meanwhile, the Dixie Colonels picked up their first win of the year, 26-14 over Madison Central. Do not let their 1-2 record fool you though. The Colonels are a couple of touchdowns away from being undefeated on the year. Dixie has been led by their Junior QB Logan Landers. Landers picked up valuable experience as a starter his sophomore year, throwing for almost 1,500 yards.

Dixie has a 3 game winning streak over Beechwood including a 14-10 win last year. Both teams lost close games against Covington Catholic. Beechwood defeated Corbin in their season opener and Dixie lost a heartbreaker to Corbin in week two on a long last second touchdown pass. Looking at those common opponents, this game is up for grabs. Who wins and how do they get the victory?

Beechwood won last year’s meeting against Dixie so I’m not sure how they have a 3 game winning streak over Beechwood.

I see this game looking very similar to last year’s game a low scoring slugfest. I enjoyed watching last year’s game in person so this year will have to do via internet. 

I am Dixie grad and both my children went to Beechwood so I am always conflicted with this game.

Beechwood- 17

Dixie- 14

4 hours ago, BWTigers said:

Beechwood won last year’s meeting against Dixie so I’m not sure how they have a 3 game winning streak over Beechwood.

I see this game looking very similar to last year’s game a low scoring slugfest. I enjoyed watching last year’s game in person so this year will have to do via internet. 

I am Dixie grad and both my children went to Beechwood so I am always conflicted with this game.

Beechwood- 17

Dixie- 14

Yes, sorry. As noted above in other posts, I made a mistake about the 3 game winning streak. When I looked at the KHSAA scoreboard I misread it. 

I think you are right about a low scoring game and your score is a good prediction. When there a games like this, turnovers are always huge. I think a big factor is going to be Hergott passing the ball. He needs to make plays in the passing game and he has to avoid turnovers. Beechwood has struggled running the ball and that will likely continue in this game.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:18 AM, Voice of Reason said:

Yes, sorry. As noted above in other posts, I made a mistake about the 3 game winning streak. When I looked at the KHSAA scoreboard I misread it. 

I think you are right about a low scoring game and your score is a good prediction. When there a games like this, turnovers are always huge. I think a big factor is going to be Hergott passing the ball. He needs to make plays in the passing game and he has to avoid turnovers. Beechwood has struggled running the ball and that will likely continue in this game.

I didn’t read many posts before I posted that. Beechwood needs to find a way to sustain drives. Running the ball with anyone other than Cam has been a struggle so I look for Coach Rash to really put an emphasis on it this week. If Beechwood is going to compete for the 2A title they need to find some other type of running game to help Cam not take so much punishment throughout the game. The last 2 games the second half’s have been struggles because there is no help for Cam and he is getting worn down. 

Beechwood can compete with anyone if they sure up the running game. 

• Like 1