Breonna Taylor Killed In Her Apartment by LMPD Officers

TheDeuce

The narrative of report says PIU investigation . This report released is just a formality. The real report that Police integrity unit has done is with Attorney General’s office. I will be interested, along with everyone else, when it’s released.

• 3 weeks later...

Some pretty disturbing stuff in this article from the Courier. If any of this is true, the corruption inside LMPD is even worse than I thought. 

"LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Breonna Taylor's shooting was the result of a Louisville police department operation to clear out a block in western Louisville that was part of a major gentrification makeover, according to attorneys representing the slain 26-year-old's family.

Lawyers for Taylor's family allege in court documents filed in Jefferson Circuit Court Sunday that a police squad — named Place-Based Investigations — had "deliberately misled" narcotics detectives to target a home on Elliott Avenue, leading them to believe they were after some of the city's largest violent crime and drug rings.

The complaint — which amends an earlier lawsuit filed by Taylor's mother against the three Louisville officers who fired their weapons into Taylor's home — claims Taylor was caught up in a case that was less about a drug house on Elliott Avenue and more about speeding up the city's multi-million dollar Vision Russell development plan."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/crime/2020/07/05/lawyers-breonna-taylor-case-connected-gentrification-plan/5381352002/

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, 00Rocket28 said:

Saw where the family has agreed with the city to not release details Of the investigation leading up to the search warrant, and details of the shooting.

I wonder why the family agreed to it unless the said paid for such silence?

• 1 month later...

The Tatum report certainly paints a different light. If the investigation bores you, jump ahead to the transcripts of the jail phone calls regarding the night in question. Multiple references that Kenneth Walker (the male who shot at police) stating the cops were beating on the door which is definitely contradicting the “no-knock” warrant myth. Also several things pointing to Ms Taylor actually being involved in the moving of the proceeds from the drug trafficking. A lot more interesting things in there also.

I say all that to say that she did not deserve to die. Just think it’s good that all the facts about the night are coming out. Mr. Glover repeatedly blames her death on Mr. Walker. Unfortunately when you’re involved in a criminal enterprise, you increase the odds of something bad happening to you, whether it be getting caught in police crossfire or a criminal bringing harm to you.

On 7/13/2020 at 1:13 AM, Bert said:

I wonder why the family agreed to it unless the said paid for such silence?

On 7/6/2020 at 9:47 PM, 00Rocket28 said:

Saw where the family has agreed with the city to not release details Of the investigation leading up to the search warrant, and details of the shooting.

They settled quickly and with such a public  case I think only 2% of people know this.  It’s still a tragic outcome but I wish we knew all of the facts.

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

It’s still a tragic outcome but I wish we knew all of the facts.

I've given up hope that we'll ever know what happened that night, or that justice will be served. It's a disheartening feeling, tbh. 

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

They settled quickly and with such a public  case I think only 2% of people know this.  It’s still a tragic outcome but I wish we knew all of the facts.

A lot of facts are in the Tatum report. What is confirmed is that it was not a “no knock” warrant and that Kenneth Walker fired the first shot. The jail calls confirm that the police were knocking on the door. It’s unfortunate that this happened. The report also shows Ms. Taylor’s involvement in Mr. Glover’s activities. 

The biggest disservice is that the media and others formulated their own “facts” before the investigation was complete. This has lead to millions of dollars in property damage that could’ve been prevented had LMPD got out in front of this early on and released more info. There was no doubt negligence on LMPD by not wearing body cams and it seems like they laid down suppressive fire, which is a no-no in policing. But the fact remains that both sides share some responsibility in this and it shows more to the totality of the circumstances. Unfortunately for some it will always be “the cops are to blame %100 of the time.” Also some assume “unarmed”=unjustified and that’s not always the case.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 00Rocket28 said:

The biggest disservice is that the media and others formulated their own “facts” before the investigation was complete. This has lead to millions of dollars in property damage that could’ve been prevented had LMPD got out in front of this early on and released more info. There was no doubt negligence on LMPD by not wearing body cams and it seems like they laid down suppressive fire, which is a no-no in policing. But the fact remains that both sides share some responsibility in this and it shows more to the totality of the circumstances. 

I agree with all of this. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 00Rocket28 said:

A lot of facts are in the Tatum report. What is confirmed is that it was not a “no knock” warrant and that Kenneth Walker fired the first shot. The jail calls confirm that the police were knocking on the door. It’s unfortunate that this happened. The report also shows Ms. Taylor’s involvement in Mr. Glover’s activities. 

The biggest disservice is that the media and others formulated their own “facts” before the investigation was complete. This has lead to millions of dollars in property damage that could’ve been prevented had LMPD got out in front of this early on and released more info. There was no doubt negligence on LMPD by not wearing body cams and it seems like they laid down suppressive fire, which is a no-no in policing. But the fact remains that both sides share some responsibility in this and it shows more to the totality of the circumstances. Unfortunately for some it will always be “the cops are to blame %100 of the time.” Also some assume “unarmed”=unjustified and that’s not always the case.

Property damage plus police overtime plus cost of National Guard plus loss of income (which they really need now) from business that have been ransacked or have been shutting down for safety reasons.

There is still more to come out.

8 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I've given up hope that we'll ever know what happened that night, or that justice will be served. It's a disheartening feeling, tbh. 

It’s terrible, as you’re well aware I’m as pro-police as they come, but I’m also pro-justice.  Simply not knowing is failure if that’s how this ends up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

To say that it's a disheartening is honestly an understatement, buddy. I think most everyone with a decent bit of a conscience feels that way. I'm sure being a POC makes it a much more personal kind of disheartening that essentially all white people are unable to understand. One of the things that I think a lot of people lack the humility to acknowledge is that they are literally incapable of understanding how people of other races feel, in a world that is simply incapable of completely dis-acknowledging race as a quality of a person.

There are lots of feelings I have that come into play when I try to wrap my head around this, as a whole, but my biggest feeling is that a LOT of this cluster would be a LOT more easy to wade through if the damn body-cams had been in use/turned on. I know body-cams come at a cost to every police department, and in turn, to every tax payer, but I think the first thing that is given to a LEO after they're given their badge is a body-cam. And I think, aside from when they're taking a leak at the bathroom, it should be an automatically fireable offense for any LEO to ever have his body cam turned off while they're on duty.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

And I think, aside from when they're taking a leak at the bathroom, it should be an automatically fireable offense for any LEO to ever have his body cam turned off while they're on duty.

Seriously? Whatever your job is, you think it’s reasonable for every minute of your day besides when you’re in the bathroom Should be recorded? Sitting at your desk, casual conversations with coworkers, eating lunch, checking email, taking a phone call from your spouse or your kids before they go to bed to tell you goodnight should be recorded? Get outta here with that crap. You want more, less than qualified cops on the street? Keep imposing more unrealistic expectations and creating more and more opportunities for you to 2nd guess their every move, while you pay them garbage wages in 95% departments, While you tell them they’re fired if they forget to turn it on, or there’s an error with the camera, or the battery dies, that’s what you’ll get. We’re already seeing the downfall in qualified applicants across the country because of all the armchair quarterbacks and the media who seek out to ruin an officers life before facts come out. Stupid statement.

People need to understand that cops are humans who can make mistakes just like you or anyone else. Nothing is more annoying than listening to cowards who could never do the job telling everyone how it should be done. Keep slamming cops doing a job you’d never be willing or able to do and then wonder why less and less qualified candidates are applying, which leads to more incidents that could come into question. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 00Rocket28 said:

Seriously? Whatever your job is, you think it’s reasonable for every minute of your day besides when you’re in the bathroom Should be recorded? Sitting at your desk, casual conversations with coworkers, eating lunch, checking email, taking a phone call from your spouse or your kids before they go to bed to tell you goodnight should be recorded? Get outta here with that crap. You want more, less than qualified cops on the street? Keep imposing more unrealistic expectations and creating more and more opportunities for you to 2nd guess their every move, while you pay them garbage wages in 95% departments, While you tell them they’re fired if they forget to turn it on, or there’s an error with the camera, or the battery dies, that’s what you’ll get. We’re already seeing the downfall in qualified applicants across the country because of all the armchair quarterbacks and the media who seek out to ruin an officers life before facts come out. Stupid statement.

People need to understand that cops are humans who can make mistakes just like you or anyone else. Nothing is more annoying than listening to cowards who could never do the job telling everyone how it should be done. Keep slamming cops doing a job you’d never be willing or able to do and then wonder why less and less qualified candidates are applying, which leads to more incidents that could come into question. 

When I was a federal contractor, the first thing we had to do when we were working in the Census Bureau, in the DEA offices I worked in, and in the FBI offices I worked in was put in camera systems that recorded every bit of work that I and my crew did the entire time we were on the job. You know what we did when they told us we had to do that? We said, "Well, pay us more to do it." So likewise, if that raises the cost of law enforcement, so be it.

And yes, if a job required that I wear a full-time body camera to do it, and if I wanted the job, I would willingly wear a camera on me at all times.

I'm not slamming cops. Don't know where you thought I slammed cops. I don't see what argument can be made for any "downside" to cops having body cameras, so that's why I suggested it. One of my good friends is a career cop and is a police chief now...he begged for body cameras for all of his officers - and got them. His reasoning: That way, when it comes in question what happened, what went wrong, or who did what, we just check the tape.

And for what it's worth, I'm very much in favor of requiring further qualifications for cops. Nurses have to have a bachelors degree and national licensure in almost all states and hospitals now. I'm also in favor of paying them accordingly.

• Like 1