Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breonna Taylor Killed In Her Apartment by LMPD Officers

Featured Replies

  • Replies 288
  • Views 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Who is ‘they’?

I think anyone who is denying that there are real issues with the relationship between our police officers and African Americans in this country, would qualify as “they” imo. 

9 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

Not a law enforcement officer, but this kind of policy, if true, is a major issue. Blindly fire as many rounds as possible with no regard to accuracy is moronic. Where are the getting their training manuals from? A 13 year old who plays Call of Duty all day? 

I know quite a few guys that are past and present range officers for various police departments.   I can say for certain that you're information or atleast the interpretation of it is not accurate.  

Back in the day officers may have done that.  In terms of settling into a shooting/rifle stance.  Now, from what I've read, hear and been told by various LEO'S,  the focus I THINK you are referring to, is movement(not while shooting).  A statue is a lot easier to hit than a moving/aware target.   Any type of LEO is trained to account for every round and where those shots are going.  No number of shots, again that's just not going to work when you are looking at a survival instinct.  I can assure you, police don't shoot a numbered amount of shots.   They shoot til the threat is neutralized.   How many is a variable that only those officers can interpret in that moment.  I've seen and heard of 1 round shootings that I questioned.  Like damn that guy is a badddd dude and lucky as hell.  I've also seen the ones with dozens of rounds fired that weren't enough to save the officer.  

There is NOT a defined amount of shots acceptable or unacceptable in the heat of a gun fight when your life is on the line.  Although the media and public opinion tend to disagree.  As long as you know what you are shooting at, it should be a good shooting. 

 

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it here, but definitely did elsewhere when others doubted.  The officer charged was being charged no matter what.  He couldn't account for his actions in that moment.  Scared as hell as he might have been, not knowing what he was facing.  His actions put innocent lives at risk,(not drywall) completely unassociated with the reason officers were there.

 

I know the City of Louisville has to pay the overtime payroll for its police,  clean-up people, etc.,  but does the City also have to pay anything toward the costs of the State Police and National Guard?   According to the powers that be, City finances were not that great to begin with but now with the double whammy of COVID and the protests, how much longer can the City hang on?  Businesses are leaving downtown in droves.   Papa John's just  announced that it is moving its headquarters to Atlanta.  Will the City even have have the money to institute the proposed changes?   Hopefully, they will not be costly and mostly involve repurposing funds already in the budget. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.