Breonna Taylor Killed In Her Apartment by LMPD Officers

TheDeuce

11 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

The police announcing themselves.  

It’s an apartment building. The only witness they could produce to corroborate their story was someone who lived a floor above Taylor’s apartment. Nobody on the same floor as her heard it?

Yeah, okay. Believe that if you want. 

49 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It’s an apartment building. The only witness they could produce to corroborate their story was someone who lived a floor above Taylor’s apartment. Nobody on the same floor as her heard it?

It sounds like it didn't matter what was presented.  People were going to believe what they wanted...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Not saying I believe one thing or another because we ALL don’t know the whole story.

I DO believe that destroying property and looting as a form of protest are wrong and the offenders should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I’m hearing that as well but the no-knock warrant continues to be referenced.  The no-knock warrant is the chief issue IMO.  I just wish we had clear facts.

Nothing will ever be made clear, but I agree with your overall statement here. The protocols, rules, and procedures in place is what lead to this tragedy.

So if I understand this was a drug case, correct? Aside from an imminent danger, there is no life worth risking busting in the middle of the night for a (suspected) drug bust. Even if everything is true and a residence is lined with cocaine.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Nothing will ever be made clear, but I agree with your overall statement here. The protocols, rules, and procedures in place is what lead to this tragedy.

So if I understand this was a drug case, correct? Aside from an imminent danger, there is no life worth risking busting in the middle of the night for a (suspected) drug bust. Even if everything is true and a residence is lined with cocaine.

Agreed and agreed!  

What happened at the door with the knocking and who heard it is a non issue as it relates to charges. People are spending a lot of time discussing that and it really is not a factor in what charges should be filed. Once the boyfriend fired his weapon the police were justified in firing back. The only issue as to charges for killing Breonna is the manner in which the police fired back.

• Like 1

And without rewriting laws mid-stream, appropriate justice will never be served for Taylor. That's just the reality of it all and not a revelation discovered yesterday.  However, lost in the monetary settlement was a set of reforms that will hopefully prevent future tragedies such as this one and set a more realistic path for justice.

38 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

What happened at the door with the knocking and who heard it is a non issue as it relates to charges. People are spending a lot of time discussing that and it really is not a factor in what charges should be filed. Once the boyfriend fired his weapon the police were justified in firing back. The only issue as to charges for killing Breonna is the manner in which the police fired back.

It doesn’t though, if they announced “police, open up,” or “police, we’re coming in,” they aren’t an intruder.

That’s why many of us want more facts.