Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breonna Taylor Killed In Her Apartment by LMPD Officers

Featured Replies

Does anyone know if the police were verified to knock and state who they were before entering?  

  • Replies 288
  • Views 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Does anyone know if the police were verified to knock and state who they were before entering?  

During the press conference, they stated that an independent 3rd party witness stated that they did hear the police officers knock AND announce.  I believe I read that the individual lived up stairs but I'm not certain.  

35 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

During the press conference, they stated that an independent 3rd party witness stated that they did hear the police officers knock AND announce.  I believe I read that the individual lived up stairs but I'm not certain.  

I’m hearing that as well but the no-knock warrant continues to be referenced.  The no-knock warrant is the chief issue IMO.  I just wish we had clear facts.

  • Author
2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m hearing that as well but the no-knock warrant continues to be referenced.  The no-knock warrant is the chief issue IMO.  I just wish we had clear facts.

They have zero proof of them announcing themselves other than some “witness.” 
 

Good thing they had on body cams... Wait. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

According to the press conference, that is not what happened.  

Umm what? Is Breonna Taylor alive? 

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

They have zero proof of them announcing themselves other than some “witness.” 
 

Good thing they had on body cams... Wait. 

While carefully admitting that other witnesses didn’t corroborate the story. It’s insanity that these guys are able to walk free. 

The way I understand it, the Judge issued a no knock warrant but the officers (I think indisputably) did knock anyway and (disputably)also announced themselves as police.    

11 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m hearing that as well but the no-knock warrant continues to be referenced.  The no-knock warrant is the chief issue IMO.  I just wish we had clear facts.

That's been the same social media narrative this entire time.  Which is why the city of Louisville quickly "took action" by banning no knock warrants.  LMPD detectives had a no knock warrant for multiple, I believe 3, different locations.  Those in charge of the operation felt that Breonna Taylor's residence was a soft target in terms of threat level.  With that in mind, those in charge made the decision to knock and announce just like they would with a standard warrant.  

With all of that in mind, it begs the question, in reality, if things would have actually gone better had the detectives not knocked and announced.  Kenneth Walker said that the noise at the door woke them up.  He said that they had time to get out of bed, put clothes on, retrieve his gun and make entry into the hallway before the shooting took place.  

 

It's been mentioned that search warrant task force at the state level is going to happen as a result of this case.  The task force will look at current practices, possible changes, new requirements etc.  In terms of the changes that I would expect in the future in regards to search warrants.  Probably having to have an individual affidavit/search warrant for each address instead of multiple locations in one warrant.  While that is somewhat redundant and obviously more paper work, it would have meant the other 2 address would have been petitioned individually as no knock warrants.  The warrant for Breonna Taylor's residence then would have been written as a standard search warrant with no mention of no knock and announce being required.  That would have save a lot of confusion, accusations, questioning after the fact if a similar situation were ever to happen.

26 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Umm what? Is Breonna Taylor alive? 

No, just like she wasn't in her bed when she was shot and killed.  I don't understand why that false narrative is so hard to cut ties with.

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

They have zero proof of them announcing themselves other than some “witness.” 
 

Good thing they had on body cams... Wait. 

Do you have “proof” that they did not?  Problem is very few really know what happened and how.  People pick and choose what they want to hear and then run with whatever serves their cause.  As I said earlier, sad all the way around.

  • Author
27 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Do you have “proof” that they did not?  Problem is very few really know what happened and how.  People pick and choose what they want to hear and then run with whatever serves their cause.  As I said earlier, sad all the way around.

Did not what? Have body cams? LMPD has said they didn’t. 

9 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Did not what? Have body cams? LMPD has said they didn’t. 

The police announcing themselves.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.