Jump to content
TheDeuce

Breonna Taylor Killed In Her Apartment by LMPD Officers

Recommended Posts

Brett Hankison
Count 1: Wanton Endagerment in the 1st
Count 2: Wanton Endagerment in the 1st
Count 3: Wanton Endagerment in the 1st

$15,000 bond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Brett Hankison
Count 1: Wanton Endagerment in the 1st
Count 2: Wanton Endagerment in the 1st
Count 3: Wanton Endagerment in the 1st

$15,000 bond.

The three counts were for wanton endangerment while firing shots into 3 separate apartments. The initials of the individuals occupying those apartments were not the initials of Breonna Taylor or Kenneth Walker.

So no wrongdoing was found regarding the officers' shots fired into the apartment where Breonna Taylor and Kenneth Walker were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I expected the charges to be.   Felt they may go with a Reckless Homicide charge.  Curious as to whether or not that option was presented to the grand jury or if it was only the Wanton Endangement charges.  I'm sure that will come up during the following press conferences.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Brett Hankison
Count 1: Wanton Endagerment in the 1st
Count 2: Wanton Endagerment in the 1st
Count 3: Wanton Endagerment in the 1st

$15,000 bond.

KRS 508.060 – WANTON ENDANGERMENT IN THE FIRST DEGREE

(1) A person is guilty of wanton endangerment in the first degree when, under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engages in conduct which creates a substantial danger of death or serious physical injury to another person.

(2) Wanton endangerment in the first degree is a Class D felony.

__________________________________
 

Individuals found guilty of wanton endangerment in the first carries a sentence of 1 to 5 years in prison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A reminder to people involved in this discussion:
 

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching national news coverage for something like this is worthless if talking heads are brought on air who have no clue on how to interpret Kentucky law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nkypete said:

Watching national news coverage for something like this is worthless if talking heads are brought on air who have no clue on how to interpret Kentucky law.

It has been pretty bad.  You would think they would somewhat familiarize themselves with the states laws before doing an interview about them.  Hell, most of us on here do that when looking at cases in other states.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The state's investigation has determined that officers were instructed to knock while executing the search warrant. They have also corroborated with an independent witness that the officers knocked and announced their presence prior to breaching the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The state's investigation has determined that officers were instructed to knock while executing the search warrant. They have also corroborated with an independent witness that the officers knocked and announced their presence prior to breaching the door.

Officer Mattingly was the only officer to enter the apartment, and reported encountering Kenneth Walker, standing with the gun in a "shooting stance". Walker fired once, and struck Officer Mattingly in the thigh, as confirmed by bullistics. Walker's testimony confirms that he fired first.

Officer Mattingly returned fire with 6 shots. Officer Cosgrove was in the doorway behind Officer Mattingly and also fired. Then Officer Hankinson began firing from the outside of the apartment through the screen door and through a window. FBI bullistics have confirmed that the fatal shot that killed Breonna Taylor was fired by Officer Cosgrove. The state's investigation has reached the conclusion that Officer Mattingly's & Officer Cosgrove's use of force was justified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Officer Mattingly was the only officer to enter the apartment, and reported encountering Kenneth Walker, standing with the gun in a "shooting stance". Walker fired once, and struck Officer Mattingly in the thigh, as confirmed by bullistics. Walker's testimony confirms that he fired first.

Officer Mattingly returned fire with 6 shots. Officer Cosgrove was in the doorway behind Officer Mattingly and also fired. Then Officer Hankinson began firing from the outside of the apartment through the screen door and through a window. FBI bullistics have confirmed that the fatal shot that killed Breonna Taylor was fired by Officer Cosgrove. The state's investigation has reached the conclusion that Officer Mattingly's & Officer Cosgrove's use of force was justified.

There is no conclusive evidence that any bullets from Officer Hankinson's gun struck Breonna Taylor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The state's investigation has determined that officers were instructed to knock while executing the search warrant. They have also corroborated with an independent witness that the officers knocked and announced their presence prior to breaching the door.

Statements from the LMPD officers present for the execution of the warrant testified that they knocked and announced their presence. The independent witness who corroborated this story (per the New York Times, this was allegedly a man from the apartment directly upstairs from Breonna Taylor's apartment) was a civilian, and was not involved with the LMPD or the execution of the warrant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To say this ruling by the grand jury, to not indict on any charges for 2 officers and only wanton endangerment to one, is a complete and utter travesty, would be an understatement. If you have ever found yourself wondering why some people in this country don’t believe in or have faith in all aspects of our criminal justice system, this case is precisely why. Sad day for the family of Breonna Taylor, sad day for the city of Louisville, sad day for Kentucky, and a sad day for our country. We must do better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because the FBI's investigation into the case is ongoing, the state will not release any further findings of the grand jury investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.