Breaking News: Iverson demands trade out of Philly!!

Why not let AI eat crap and choke on it. That would be one less example of a horrible attitude that I would have to combat that young athletes model themselves off of every day. ATTITUDE PROBLEM to say the least. I simply hate that his athletic ability has made him wealthy. He has done little if anything to earn his sucess.

You're right, he probably doesn't train to play 82 games at the level he does. He probably doesn't lift weights so he can send his 165 pound frame airbound directly into guys that weigh twice as much as him. He probably doesn't even shoot around. I'm sure his 10 plus percentage points that he has raised his FT percentage since his rookie year was from his athletic ability. He averages a lot of steals every year, but defense isn't hard work. Especially being undersized in a giant league. Some guys are too good to practice hard. You would kill to have someone on your team play hard day in and day out like AI does. He truely leaves it all on the floor and if that isn't what a coach wants, I'm not sure what to tell you. I played with some great "practice players" that didn't show up to games, and I've played with great athletes, who didn't practice at any competitive level, and were there and good for games. You know 2 of the latter quite well. What would you rather have someone who has talent and plays harder than anyone in the entire world, or someone who doesn't have talent and practices hard?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you do that? Wade is very good at getting other involved. Why not let AI shoot a TON and let Wade do what Wade does? Bringing AI to Miami and him being the second scorer on the team would be a bad bad bad move.

Exactly for the reason why you mention. Wade will get others involved so the ball should be in his hands each time down the court. AI does not get his teammates involved. So the offense tends to become stagnant which leads to defeat in the playoffs.

More movement means more open shots for Wade for himself or others.

You're right, he probably doesn't train to play 82 games at the level he does. He probably doesn't lift weights so he can send his 165 pound frame airbound directly into guys that weigh twice as much as him. He probably doesn't even shoot around. I'm sure his 10 plus percentage points that he has raised his FT percentage since his rookie year was from his athletic ability. He averages a lot of steals every year, but defense isn't hard work. Especially being undersized in a giant league. Some guys are too good to practice hard. You would kill to have someone on your team play hard day in and day out like AI does. He truely leaves it all on the floor and if that isn't what a coach wants, I'm not sure what to tell you. I played with some great "practice players" that didn't show up to games, and I've played with great athletes, who didn't practice at any competitive level, and were there and good for games. You know 2 of the latter quite well. What would you rather have someone who has talent and plays harder than anyone in the entire world, or someone who doesn't have talent and practices hard?
I would lose an attitude like that in a heartbeat. Do you really think he PRACTICES that hard. It comes to him easy. A coach wants a player to fit into a team role, do what he is told to do, and produce to the best of his abilities. Professional athletics have catered to having a loud mouth and a lack of class over the last twenty years. Most kids will never even play college, let alone Pro. Therefore, the sports they play in high school are supposed to teach them something about life. A player with his sucess and Attitude goes against teaching those principles. BTW, I hope you are not trying to claim that his athletic ability is spurred by the years of plyometric and weight training that he has undergone, give me a break. I would love to first hand witness his off season work ethic, especially with his attitude towards practice.

Exactly for the reason why you mention. Wade will get others involved so the ball should be in his hands each time down the court. AI does not get his teammates involved. So the offense tends to become stagnant which leads to defeat in the playoffs.

More movement means more open shots for Wade for himself or others.

Iverson averages 6 assists a game and that's for his career. Wade also averages 6. I wouldn't say that AI doesn't get his teammates involved, he just doesn't do it as well as Wade. However, AI should take more shots than anyone in the league. He makes up for a sub-par shooting percentage by getting to the line.

Iverson averages 6 assists a game and that's for his career. Wade also averages 6. I wouldn't say that AI doesn't get his teammates involved, he just doesn't do it as well as Wade. However, AI should take more shots than anyone in the league. He makes up for a sub-par shooting percentage by getting to the line.

Shots in which you are fouled do not count as attempts and work against your FG%. So the low field goal % does not have anything to do with shots in which he was fouled on.

I would lose an attitude like that in a heartbeat. Do you really think he PRACTICES that hard. It comes to him easy. A coach wants a player to fit into a team role, do what he is told to do, and produce to the best of his abilities. Professional athletics have catered to having a loud mouth and a lack of class over the last twenty years. Most kids will never even play college, let alone Pro. Therefore, the sports they play in high school are supposed to teach them something about life. A player with his sucess and Attitude goes against teaching those principles. BTW, I hope you are not trying to claim that his athletic ability is spurred by the years of plyometric and weight training that he has undergone, give me a break. I would love to first hand witness his off season work ethic, especially with his attitude towards practice.

The DB coach you coached with 2 years ago would not put his hands up to catch a ball in practice. TT who graduated a year after you did wasn't a practice player. The entire OL that graduated in 95 would take plays off in practice.

Tubby Smith plays guys like Sheray Thomas because he works hard in practice.

AI doesn't get hurt because his body is a 165 pound rock. He lifts to make it that way and I'm sure he runs and runs and runs in the off-season to stay in shape.

I graduated high school with about 4 or 5 kids who were really good football players in practice. Come game time, they were horrible.

Practice? Come on now we're talking about practice?

AT the NBA level what do you think practice consists of?

Practice?

Are you kidding?

Does AI not play his hardest, and try to win no matter what?

Do you think he doesn't care?

Or is it the thug, tats, and gangsta image he portrays????????

Practice?

AI averages 6 assists a game. That's 12 points for his teammates. Pretty good for a 2 guard and not bad for a 1. He also averages 2.3 steals a game and 4 rebounds a game. Pretty good for a midget? Defense and rebounding is where the glory is right Allan? Scoring, defense, rebounding, and assists have nothing to do with winning....just practice and having a good attitude(aka no tats, rap lyrics, and you have to talk like you grew up in the burb).

Shots in which you are fouled do not count as attempts and work against your FG%. So the low field goal % does not have anything to do with shots in which he was fouled on.

And I never said it did. However, his FG percentage isn't that bad and he more than makes up for it shooting 80 plus percent from the line and getting to the line EVERY GAME!!!! He doesn't get to the line because he gets slapped on the wrist, he gets there because he uses his quickness to get guys out of position then flings his body into theirs. He ends up on the ground a lot.

The DB coach you coached with 2 years ago would not put his hands up to catch a ball in practice. TT who graduated a year after you did wasn't a practice player. The entire OL that graduated in 95 would take plays off in practice.

Tubby Smith plays guys like Sheray Thomas because he works hard in practice.

AI doesn't get hurt because his body is a 165 pound rock. He lifts to make it that way and I'm sure he runs and runs and runs in the off-season to stay in shape.

I graduated high school with about 4 or 5 kids who were really good football players in practice. Come game time, they were horrible.

Practice? Come on now we're talking about practice?

AT the NBA level what do you think practice consists of?

Practice?

Are you kidding?

Does AI not play his hardest, and try to win no matter what?

Do you think he doesn't care?

Or is it the thug, tats, and gangsta image he portrays????????

Practice?

AI averages 6 assists a game. That's 12 points for his teammates. Pretty good for a 2 guard and not bad for a 1. He also averages 2.3 steals a game and 4 rebounds a game. Pretty good for a midget? Defense and rebounding is where the glory is right Allan? Scoring, defense, rebounding, and assists have nothing to do with winning....just practice and having a good attitude(aka no tats, rap lyrics, and you have to talk like you grew up in the burb).

Yes PRACTICE. That same DB coach doesn't stand for that kind of attitude out of his players today. TT will tell you that he had a horrible attitude as a player. Are you honestly going to claim that attitude doesn't have a determination on team sucess. How many times have I heard that the raiders have the best reciever in the league? Why is it that every team that he has played for has gone down? Getting it done individually on the field is not the only measure of a sucessful player, and is sure isn't the measure of a sucessful human being. What kind of MESSAGE does it send to a kid that it is allright not to practice? Poor attitude, poor work ethic, poor leadership.

P.S. You act like he has a huge disadvantage because of his size. He has more God given athletic ability that most human beings can even phathom. His athletic ability is absolutally freaky, don't try to make it out like he has gotten there through hard trials. If he had, he wouldn't mind PRACTICE.

Yes PRACTICE. That same DB coach doesn't stand for that kind of attitude out of his players today. TT will tell you that he had a horrible attitude as a player. Are you honestly going to claim that attitude doesn't have a determination on team sucess. How many times have I heard that the raiders have the best reciever in the league? Why is it that every team that he has played for has gone down? Getting it done individually on the field is not the only measure of a sucessful player, and is sure isn't the measure of a sucessful human being. What kind of MESSAGE does it send to a kid that it is allright not to practice? Poor attitude, poor work ethic, poor leadership.

What about Shaq or Kobe? These guys don't practice everyday. What kind of message is that sending? The truth of the matter is, that not all NBA players feel that they have to practice eveyday. It's just the way of the NBA.

P.S. You act like he has a huge disadvantage because of his size. He has more God given athletic ability that most human beings can even phathom. His athletic ability is absolutally freaky, don't try to make it out like he has gotten there through hard trials. If he had, he wouldn't mind PRACTICE.

AI is not a kid. He isn't in high school. He is a man who sometimes questions his boss. I know that I've questioned various bosses over the years. He does practice. The practice comments were taken WAY out of context when it happened and even now. What do you think happens at an NBA practice? Let me fill you in. Teacher meeting???????????????? How many of them have you been to that have been productive? That's the equivilant of an NBA practice. I know when I'm tenured my attendance at these meeting will drop. Practice????????????

AI has said several time, "I should lead by example." If everyone he's played with had half the heart he did he'd have 3 rings. Randy Moss and AI are not the same. I watched Moss live Sunday and he didn't do anything to show me that he cares or tries very hard. AI is not like that AT ALL!!!

His size isn't an advantage. There are other small guys though, but do you see them drive? Do you see them get fouled by 6'10" 260 guys? Do you see them fall hard in the lane time and time again? You don't. Only AI plays that way.

AI is not a kid. He isn't in high school. He is a man who sometimes questions his boss. I know that I've questioned various bosses over the years. He does practice. The practice comments were taken WAY out of context when it happened and even now. What do you think happens at an NBA practice? Let me fill you in. Teacher meeting???????????????? How many of them have you been to that have been productive? That's the equivilant of an NBA practice. I know when I'm tenured my attendance at these meeting will drop. Practice????????????

AI has said several time, "I should lead by example." If everyone he's played with had half the heart he did he'd have 3 rings. Randy Moss and AI are not the same. I watched Moss live Sunday and he didn't do anything to show me that he cares or tries very hard. AI is not like that AT ALL!!!

His size isn't an advantage. There are other small guys though, but do you see them drive? Do you see them get fouled by 6'10" 260 guys? Do you see them fall hard in the lane time and time again? You don't. Only AI plays that way.

Feel the same way about professional development? Going to pick and choose which one of those required ones you plan on attending?

And if your principal calls you into his/her office and says, "Your presence is required." You still going to skip out? Does that show a lack of respect for the coaches position by you? He is a leader of that team who showed no respect for the coach's requests.

Would I expect NBA players, especially the one to log major minutes to go hard for every second of practice? No, but that was Brown's call, he made it and AI indicated by his actions he didn't care what Brown wanted.

I have a hard time with that. Now if he would have come out later and recanted and apologized, different story. But my understanding, he probably feels he was right to ignore the request from his boss.

The best line of Bill Simmons' article, and aprospos right about here in this conversation:

There's a generational twinge to the anti-Iverson coverage, pushed by media folks in their 40s, 50s and 60s who can't understand his generation and don't seem interested in trying. Most media members would rather mention his infamous aversion to practice (overrated over the years) above describing the incredible thrill of seeing him in person.

The best line of Bill Simmons' article, and aprospos right about here in this conversation:

There's a generational twinge to the anti-Iverson coverage, pushed by media folks in their 40s, 50s and 60s who can't understand his generation and don't seem interested in trying. Most media members would rather mention his infamous aversion to practice (overrated over the years) above describing the incredible thrill of seeing him in person.

:thumb: :thumb: