Breaking News: Iverson demands trade out of Philly!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want Odom instead of AI?

I know Odom & Kobe work good together but having 2 top 50 players of all time might could turn out to be good for the Lakers although I know your argument is AI & Kobe sharing the ball but it might could work out

The triangle isn't set up for a guard like AI to succeed.

I know I'm Old School, but I think the Sixers would rather play the rest of their games outdoors in North Philly than trade AI to the Celtics. Your talking Hatfields and McCoys here folks, I just can't for the life of me see that happening.

Not to mention, he'd look awful in green.:D

Even though I agree that it would be hard for them to trade him to the Celts all of the things I've read seem to suggest they have the best chance b/c of contracts and young talent. The Clippers also might have enough young players to get the deal done, but if the by far best option is the Celts how do they pass it up?

Whether you love AI (AND) the Sixers (like me), or inexplicably, hate one or both (Like PolarBear 1994), this is a read worth making:

Nice Read

But he also played hurt more often than most great players, treated his body with a singular abandon and willingly carried more designated blame than (a) he often had coming and (b) anyone else of his stature would be willing to tote.

There is, in fact, much about his career to like, all the way from his one NBA Finals appearance to the way he did the Olympic thing when all around him were begging off. He is in many ways exactly the kind of player whose jersey you would want on your back because he had the entirely un-chic characteristic of work ethic. He gave an honest day's work for an honest year's pay, and even now, three days after he and the Sixers parted ways, nobody has stood up and said he didn't give back all he got.

The possibility of Iverson being traded to Minnesota boosted Kevin Garnett's spirits just minutes after a big win over Utah.

"Bring it on, I love 'The Answer," Garnett said. "We welcome A.I. with open arms. Where's Kevin McHale?"

McHale, vice president of basketball operations, would not comment on rumors that Iverson would end up in Minnesota. But his star player went so far as to look into a local television camera and make a plea to Iverson.

"Come on, boy," Garnett said. "I can't think of anyone who wouldn't want to play with him."

Cheeks said he expected Iverson to finish the season in Philadelphia.......(I doubt it)

"With his rants about practice, his run-ins with the law and former coach Larry Brown, and a failed rap career, Iverson was often a magnet for trouble off the court."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2691152